purple lines

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
eliasons
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

purple lines

Post by eliasons »

I recently purchased a used DHC for my seventh and eighth grades. Absolutely no experience have done woods my entire career we got it working using hypo therm 45. We have come a long way and have been doing cool things how I dont know how but we have. Yesterday everything we were drawing came out as purple lines and we could not convert to cut paths. Ive been reading but cant figure it out. Please forgive me but your help would be appreciated. First time here also. Thanks
ScottF
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: purple lines

Post by ScottF »

Eliasons,

It would help if we knew what software you are using. There are many different software programs that each color line may mean something different in each program. If you could also post a screenshot or upload the file that may also help.
I don't have all the answers but I do have a lot of opinions....

ShopSabre Sidekick 8 with water table
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/machine and hand torches
IR 5hp 60 gal,+ 60 gallons of storage and aftercooler
Lincoln Square Wave 200
14x40 lathe
eliasons
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by eliasons »

I'm using plasma cam software thanks
ScottF
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ScottF »

I am not familiar with the plasma cam software but there are some others on here that are and perhaps they can chime in and give you a hand.
I don't have all the answers but I do have a lot of opinions....

ShopSabre Sidekick 8 with water table
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/machine and hand torches
IR 5hp 60 gal,+ 60 gallons of storage and aftercooler
Lincoln Square Wave 200
14x40 lathe
Francisco
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Francisco »

Unless somebody altered the color scheme, purple lines usually denote closed paths. To convert to cut path, you place the cursor close to the path, on the side you need the cut kerf to be (outside for outer contours, inside for holes). Cut paths show up as pale blue. The cut path will be displaced by the kerf width you have defined in the active setup, pierce point will be offst by the pierce length you have defined, and cut direction -unless configured differently- will be automatically set to clockwise for outer contours, ccw for holes.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”