xbox controler

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Troy W
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: xbox controler

Post by Troy W »

djreiswig wrote:I'm wondering how you handle the auto power off function on the wireless Xbox controller. I thought a wireless controller would be handy, but mine powers off after a time with no activity and crashes Mach3. Then I have to restart to get it to function again. I have not been able to find a way to disable this.
I just tap the lock out trigger every 5 min or so while cutting. It’s I’m my hand the entire time as it’s my estop as well.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

Darn, I was hoping you found a way to hack the controller. This one drawback made me throw mine in the drawer and go back to the wired one.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

I would buy a PN200 in a heartbeat if it didn’t have a cord. The wireless aspect of the 360 controller is hard to beat but I am still considering the PN200. I just want to assign 2 buttons to raise or lower arc voltage but will need to learn Mach3 screen designer in order to do so..
The PN200 is wired for several reasons:
1. If it gets unplugged it instantly e-stops the system (think safety)
2. Estop back to the controller is hardware (direct switch)
3. Communication is bidirectional (and faster) so software can send back real status indicators .
4. link is RS485 made for high noise environments and long runs.
5. Expanded keyboard and rotary encoders allow for quickly changing the Preset Volts and the feedrates
6. No added drivers or setup if you have the 4 port hub already.. RS485 auto detects PN200 when its plugged in .

losing connection to a video game or you TV is not likely to cause any damage. Losing control of your plasma table might be a bit more costly. With all of the noise issues from plasma and other devices simple wireless protocols are not adequate or reliable enough. It needs to be able to sense when it loses the link and cease motion .

reliable wireless devices are not as cheap as the simple game controllers and other consumer type devices.
daddog
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by daddog »

I recently upgraded to MACH3 Version R3.043.062 and my Wireless PS3 controller no longer works. I was using he Joypad and Game Device Plugin (Joakim Hjort / Nader Atifeh) and it did everything I needed it to do. But, like I said, it doesn't even show up in the Config-Plugins drop down, even though I have it installed in Mach. I do not wish to change devices, so will the Xbox 360 Plugin or the Xbox Shilling plug in work with this relese of MACH?
plasmaworkz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by plasmaworkz »

following.. pumped to try this out

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”