Mach3 licence

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
koditten1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Mach3 licence

Post by koditten1 »

I'm attempting to purchase a second Mach3 licince for a second computer. I am having difficulty figuring out why the website times out then I can not access the site for several hours.

Any tips on what I may be doing wrong? Please be kind. I'm new as hell at this.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach3 licence

Post by adbuch »

I assume you are using the website below. Are you saying it "times out" after you have entered your credit card information, or?
David

https://www.machsupport.com/shop/mach3/

If you are either a "hobbyist" or only running a single cnc machine and using the second computer for design work then you do not need to purchase a second license. See below.

https://www.machsupport.com/help-learni ... sing-info/
Mach3 General Licensing.jpg
koditten1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by koditten1 »

Yes, I get as far as entering my CC data and the site closes. It actually closed on my when I followed your link listed above.

I'D d rather not buy another copy, but this is getting ridiculous.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

You most likely DO NOT need to purchase an additional license. Assuming you are indeed a "hobbyist" then you can use your single license to run as many machines as you like.

"Non-commercial users (aka hobbyists) are permitted to use one Mach license for multiple machines. For commercial users (anybody who uses the software to generate profit), we require a separate license purchase for each machine."

Also, if you only wish to use the second computer for design work and to test code, then:

"A license is only required on the computer actually running a machine (Mach) or generating G-code (wizard software). If a computer not connected to a machine is used to test code, please use Mach3 in Simulation mode – it will remove the 500 line limit. Simulation mode can be accessed by uninstalling (or not installing) the Parallel Port Driver.

As far as not being able to successfully access the Mach3 site, I think this is more of a problem with your computer or mobile network. I have no trouble accessing the site and even adding items to my cart for checkout.

David
koditten1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by koditten1 »

Interesting. Great suggestion. I turned off the wi-fi to my phone and was able to bring up the site no problem.

Thanks!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

That's good news! I'm still curious why you need a second license if you can use your existing license on a second computer. It's really none of my business, just asking.
David
koditten1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by koditten1 »

My shop is 200' from the house. The computer I use for Mach3 and F360 is kind of on the expensive side. Carting the thing back and fourth was just inviting disaster.

I tried moving my M3 licinse to the new computer, but wasn't having any luck.

$175 seemed like a small investment to avoid trashing an $1800 computer.

Like I said, I'm new and am willing to listen to rational suggestions.

Pretend I'm 14 years old.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

I've got the same mach license on my table and home computer. Just copy the license file and put it in the same place.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
koditten1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by koditten1 »

I will try this again. I've already tried it twice. Gonna format a thumb drive specifically for the license.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”