hypertherm 45xp torch problems

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
zultek
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hypertherm 45xp torch problems

Post by zultek »

Hello= just brought a used 45xp and the torch fires for about 5 seconds then flame goes out and the postprocess air is on for about 20 seconds. I put new consumables in torch, air pressure from compressor is 100psi, dry air, trap on cutter is clean and dry, no warning lights on the front panel. thanks
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm 45xp torch problems

Post by adbuch »

Is this cutting by hand or cnc operation?
David
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

is the workpiece clamp connected?
zultek
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by zultek »

Hello- I am holding the torch in free air ,not cutting as my other cutter when I hold in free air and push the switch the arc starts and stays on till i release the trigger just checking unit out if damaged or not as it is used thanks I will try cutting a piece of metal in the morning and see if it works
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

zultek wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:51 pm Hello- I am holding the torch in free air ,not cutting as my other cutter when I hold in free air and push the switch the arc starts and stays on till i release the trigger just checking unit out if damaged or not as it is used thanks I will try cutting a piece of metal in the morning and see if it works
Holding in "free air" is a NO GO. You need to connect your work lead to a piece of material you want to cut and then proceed to cut with your torch.
David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”