The Plot To Slowly Drive Us All CRAZY!

Topics related to laser engravers and laser cutters.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

The Plot To Slowly Drive Us All CRAZY!

Post by Joe Jones »

X-TOOL just announced their P2 cabinet machine. It is a 55 watt CO2 laser with CONTOUR ETCHING ability. The laser has 75mm of Z axis travel. Evidently you "program" a profile for the laser head to follow, so there is no actual active height sensing on the laser itself. You load a mesh profile, and the laser head floats over the mesh pattern like Tom Cruise crossing the mountains of Afghanistan in his latest TOP GUN movie. :lol: Any bets on when X-TOOL will release their first 3D handheld SCANNER to CREATE the mesh files? :lol:

It has a pass through cabinet, water cooling, an exhaust fan and other features too.

Okay, so I already own FOUR X tool lasers (or SIX, if you are counting laser heads.) My two new 40 Watt Blue Diode laser heads just arrived, and I haven't even hooked THEM up yet to play with them. Now X-TOOL dangles this $^%*# CARROT in front of me! :?

I am sitting here trying to figure out HOW to raise the money for what I REALLY want, which is the KERN OPTIFLEX laser table, but at nearly $180,000.00, it is WAAAAAYYYYY beyond my piggy bank's capacity. :cry:

I have not really looked at any of the "Chinese" CO2 lasers. There are so many others too. I won't mention the names here.

X-TOOL is offering a $1,000.00 discount on the P2 if I pre-pay a $100.00 deposit NOW, bringing the cost of the machines down from $5,000.00 to $4,000.00. This is SO tempting.

The $64,000.00 Question ... Do I sell off all of the X-Tool lasers machines and spare heads, and rotary and filter and etc. etc., and pour all of that money into ONE serious CO2 machine, or do I just scrape up another $4K and hop onto the X-TOOL thrill ride once again?

I must say that I am really happy with the X-TOOL machine that IS assembled and running, and Lightburn makes it awesome. I am trying to find the time to set up the other lasers, and get started on building a large stock of Christmas stuff WAY before the last minute rush.

It is like buying a Brand X cordless power drill, and then spare batteries, and an extra charger, and the matched saw and rotary tool, and the 12 other MUST HAVE things that they have come out with ... only to then discover that Brand Y has come out with something so freaking awesome, that you seriously consider selling all of the Brand X stuff to your neighbor at a discount, JUST so you can apply the money to the new Brand Y stuff! And what happens on the way home from your Brand Y spending orgy? You see a billboard showing you what Brand Z just released! DANG!!!!!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Joe Jones

Re: The Plot To Slowly Drive Us All CRAZY!

Post by Joe Jones »

After giving it some thought, I sent in my $100.00 deposit on a new P2 laser. This reduces the total cost by $1,000.00, from $5K to $4K! I don't know if they will release them in a week, or a month, or six months, but I figure I can't get a better return on my money.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

Hey Joe,
Going down the rabbit hole will drive you crazy LOL..
Laser Everything as mentioned in another thread has some great guidelines.
If you don't have discord you could try it with laser everything there too. Lots of info..
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

cstroke wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:04 am Hey Joe,
Going down the rabbit hole will drive you crazy LOL..
Laser Everything as mentioned in another thread has some great guidelines.
If you don't have discord you could try it with laser everything there too. Lots of info..
What is Laser Everything? A user name? A company? A website?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

cstroke

Post by cstroke »

Website, youtube channel, discord channel..
Basically a dude who is into educating others on lasers. Hes turned it into sponsorships and has a site you can buy parameters to get started as well.
It is free unless you want to pay for added bonuses..
I wish I would have found it before I bought my first laser I'm certain I could have saved a few bucks.. Their info helped me dial my Co2 in and I'm afraid I"d still be struggling without them..
https://lasereverything.net/
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Thanks. I just signed up. I will look to see what is there. I REALLY want to buy a REAL laser, but of the two choices, the KERN 650 Watt OptiFLEX and the KERN 2,000 Watt LaserCELL, neither is in my current budget. Both come in around $200,000.00 :shock: Come on, LOTTO!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

cstroke wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:00 pm Website, youtube channel, discord channel..
Basically a dude who is into educating others on lasers. Hes turned it into sponsorships and has a site you can buy parameters to get started as well.
It is free unless you want to pay for added bonuses..
I wish I would have found it before I bought my first laser I'm certain I could have saved a few bucks.. Their info helped me dial my Co2 in and I'm afraid I"d still be struggling without them..
https://lasereverything.net/
Cstroke - Thanks for that information!! Very useful and will save a lot of time getting up and running.
David
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I swear I am like a kid waiting for the Good Humor Truck to turn onto my street!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “Laser Engravers & Cutters”