Flash-cut/tracker file conversion

Tracker CNC plasma table discussion forum
dtdetail
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Flash-cut/tracker file conversion

Post by dtdetail »

This afternoon while playing around with software on my tracker table (command and cut 5) I stumbled across flash cut/fab cut software on it as well? Is that not a totally different brand of table?
Very weird.
Either way, it’s so much better than trackers software it’s not even funny (in my opinion).
From cut order selection, ease of adding lead-ins, already knowing an efficient cut path rather than a random zig zag pattern you have to re-organized.
Just so so so much better from what I can tell.

Is there a way I can get the flash cut software to talk to my tracker? And work alright?
Or a way to get the cad file from flash cut to TMD for my tracker?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Flash-cut/tracker file conversion

Post by adbuch »

You should be able to export your drawing files create with Flash Cut in some sort of vector format - dxf, svg, etc. Then import to your tracker software to create tool paths. If your Flash Cut has the ability to create cut paths and export as g-code, and your tracker program has the ability to import g-code files, then you should be good to go. I am not personally familiar with either of those programs, so I would need to see more information to be sure.

David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

That is very weird and there is no chance of making that software work. Those features you are not seeing in the machine control software are built into the Sigmanest package that comes with those machines. Sigmanest will process the file for appropriate cut order, lead in's, etc.. Do you not have the Sigmanest software that comes with it?
dtdetail
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dtdetail »

I’ve got the sigmanest software, but it gives me an error when importing files.
Sigmanest wants $800 in “monthly service package” fees to tell me how to get rid of the error.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

dtdetail wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:23 am I’ve got the sigmanest software, but it gives me an error when importing files.
Sigmanest wants $800 in “monthly service package” fees to tell me how to get rid of the error.
I replied to your previous post, but received no response. Did the information provided help to solve your problem?

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=35124&p=222196#p222196

David
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

dtdetail wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:23 am I’ve got the sigmanest software, but it gives me an error when importing files.
That's expensive software and using it would be a real benefit. Ya those fees are ridiculous but you should get a certain amount of initial support time, if you have not yet exhausted that they should help you or call Tracker and see what they say. I bet its a simple fix. What error are you getting?
dtdetail
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dtdetail »

weldguy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:24 am
That's expensive software and using it would be a real benefit. Ya those fees are ridiculous but you should get a certain amount of initial support time, if you have not yet exhausted that they should help you or call Tracker and see what they say. I bet its a simple fix. What error are you getting?
Good point. maybe $800 isn't all that much to get the software back up to speed.
I've attached a Pic of the error I get from on Sigmanest, their tech support said it doesn't look that difficult to resolve and that its probably a "licensing" issue, but again they want $800 to have a look (he did tell me earlier in the call that buying software is a one-time purchase, which doesn't make sense to me that if it breaks you've got to pay a monthly fee for help... whatever).
IMG_6151.jpg
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

No, I think $800 is ridiculous to get it back up and running. It's not like you are asking for training, the program simply won't open. Call Tracker and have them initiate getting this resolved for you, I am sure they buy many copies and have some pull with Sigmanest. I wouldn't take this one laying down. This software is what you need, you already paid for it, it's not working, and you get 1-2 hours of initial support with your purchase which I doubt you have already used up.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

It is not clear to me whether you ever had this software working, or if this is a recent occurrence. If you purchased a license to use this software, then at the very least they should provide you with a replacement copy of the software - regardless of the cost for additional support. I most likely would not pay $800 for "technical support", particularly since you have no way of knowing that your problem will be resolved once you have paid them. If they are just a middleman distributing this software only, then they may not have the ability to successfully troubleshoot. I would recommend contacting the actual software company to see what they have to say. Worst case, just ditch this software and move on to something more reliable and cost effective.

David
dtdetail
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dtdetail »

Well, I finally got the sigmanest issue figured out. Sigmanest support identified that I was missing the post files that should have come with the initial license. According to them it doesn’t make any sense that I have one of their usb’s with the license #, and all software but no supporting post files.

Got off the phone with tracker yesterday and he dropboxed me the files I needed. Seems to be working fine now.

Talking with sigmanest is what I imagine talking to a politician is like; all they do is talk about what’s possible and how great they are but when they’re asked specific questions or to actually DO something all of a sudden nobody’s qualified and has no clue.

Now time to learn the software!
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Glad you didn't let it slide and looked into it, you should be all set now.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Thanks for the update! Keep us posted on your results.
David

Return to “Tracker CNC Forum”