EasyScriber Settings - PlasmaCam Users

All topics related specifically to the EasyScriber drag style scribe & engraving tool.
EasyScriber
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

EasyScriber Settings - PlasmaCam Users

Post by EasyScriber »

1. Open Settings and enter the settings shown below in your Settings>Height Control window then close the window
  2. Turn off the cut control and run the torch height down until the EasyScriber tip is compressed 3/16"-1/4"
  3. Open Settings again and click the Zero button beside Z shift (inch) in the lower left corner

These settings were generously provided by Robert Johnson aka rdj357 who provides training programs specifically for PlasmaCam machines. Check rdj357 if you are interested in his classes and becomeing proficient with DesignEdge software and PlasmaCam machines.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: EasyScriber Settings - PlasmaCam Users

Post by rdj357 »

I want to add here - I found a new trick that is great when the material or your bed is unlevel and you get great marks in one area but it is too high or low in another.

Follow the above instructions and also check the 'Pause before cutting' on the Machine Control tab. The scribe will go to the mark and adjust to the height it thinks it should be. You can then use the Z jog buttons to adjust up or down if needed, press start and it will run that path and then go to the next path and pause for you to confirm the height.

Also, I use this a lot to mark locations for studs on the back of a design for layered signs. If you draw circles for those locations then you can set the gap at end of loop to negative 1 or 1.5 and it will go over it a couple times to make it more visible.
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: EasyScriber Settings - PlasmaCam Users

Post by tinspark »

rdj357 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:00 am I found a new trick .
Thank you Robert! That is some great info here. Also the original post that I discovered at the same time as this last post.
I will be adding this in my easyscriber PlasmaCam cloud folder, in case I forget these excellent pointers..
Please keep them coming!!
Much appreciated..
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)

Return to “EasyScriber Drag Style Scriber for Hypertherm”