Just getting into cnc plasma cutting

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
FixIt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Just getting into cnc plasma cutting

Post by FixIt »

I am retired and have always loved to fabricate and create.
My shop is 41 x 41 with a 16 foot wall i have in floor heat so its perfect for manitoba winters. I have a couple of metal lathes, ronfu milling machine, stick, mig and tig welder. A big hydraulic press and a 4 post lift.

I told a good friend of mine, if your son and law ever wants to sell off some parts from his plasma table I would be interested in buying them to start a table for my self. One day he says to me that his son in law wants to sell his whole table as he's upgrading. My response was I can't afford that. He said ill ask him what he wants and see. He text and the son in law ask who wants it. He tells it is for me. His reply was in that case it will be $1000.00.

So I said okay. I can do that. I got an older torch mate system with a torchmate thc 3 motors and a 4 x 8 table along with a thermal dynamics cutmaster with a machine torch.

Now the fun begins!!! Learning how to hook everything up and make it go.
Any one who has a working table setup like this would be nice to be able to pick your brain.

Thanks

Fixit
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Just getting into cnc plasma cutting

Post by adbuch »

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you got a pretty good deal assuming the table is operational. Did you get the Torchmate CAD software that goes with the table?
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, many brains to pick here, you can also use the search function in the upper right to have a look around. Many files to download also if you want extra projects for fun too. Big help with fabractions is being able to cut you own custom parts. :Yay
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

You can download the user's manual specific to your TMCad version here:

https://torchmate.com/cad-cam-downloads
tmcad downloads.jpg
FixIt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by FixIt »

Wow! Thanks for the welcoming messages. Yes I did get software and dongle. I got the torchmate to move the motors but thats it. Then life got in the way but hope to get it dusted off in the new year.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Fixit

Return to “Introduce Yourself”