Plasmacam

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Dagoberto
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Plasmacam

Post by Dagoberto »

Hello
I must send the user transfer document by scanning by email or in a letter envelope by conventional mail
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasmacam

Post by adbuch »

Dagoberto wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:44 pm Hello
I must send the user transfer document by scanning by email or in a letter envelope by conventional mail
Is that a question?
David
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Make several COPIES of the signed Transfer of Ownership form. PlasmaCam has a tendency to lose them when you send them in.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Thanks for your PM Dagoberto. I would do both - email and conventional US mail to make sure they get it. Perhaps send registered mail so they have to sign for it as proof of delivery. Good Luck!!
David
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

adbuch wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:45 am
Thanks for your PM Dagoberto. I would do both - email and conventional US mail to make sure they get it. Perhaps send registered mail so they have to sign for it as proof of delivery. Good Luck!!
David
They won't sign for anything.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by DieselFumes »

Joe Jones wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:41 am

Joe
WOW, Blows my mind when I read all these things about Pcam. I actually try hard to please my customers and go above and beyond and still struggle to stay afloat. Unreal that a business model like this can continue to flourish. Hopefully it's tanking slowly and no one knows. It is long past time for this world to heal up and get back to some good honest and compassionate business practices.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

DieselFumes wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:58 am
Joe Jones wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:41 am

Joe
WOW, Blows my mind when I read all these things about Pcam. I actually try hard to please my customers and go above and beyond and still struggle to stay afloat. Unreal that a business model like this can continue to flourish. Hopefully it's tanking slowly and no one knows. It is long past time for this world to heal up and get back to some good honest and compassionate business practices.
You will notice that these things you read are often from a singular source. Are they the easiest company to do business with? Not by a longshot but they aren't impossible nor are they likely tanking.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I've noticed the same "singular source". I personally like Plasmacam, have had no problems with any of my purchases or interactions, and find them very pleasant to deal with as a customer. And I do find it very hard to believe that they don't have someone in their mail room capable of signing for a package.

David
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

adbuch wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:52 pm I've noticed the same "singular source". I personally like Plasmacam, have had no problems with any of my purchases or interactions, and find them very pleasant to deal with as a customer. And I do find it very hard to believe that they don't have someone in their mail room capable of signing for a package.

David
Oddly they don’t even have a mailroom. They are located in Colorado City, CO and there is no local post office. Mail service is sporadic because it is only provided by a USPS-private contractor agreement. With no rural carrier, I assume this is why they ship only with UPS and advise others to send things to them via UPS rather than USPS. This might explain why certified letters are a hassle so a UPS signature-required letter pack would provide a similar tracked delivery. See: https://krdo.com/news/2022/08/02/colora ... ice-again/
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tinspark »

rdj357 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:10 am
adbuch wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:52 pm I've noticed the same "singular source". I personally like Plasmacam, have had no problems with any of my purchases or interactions, and find them very pleasant to deal with as a customer. And I do find it very hard to believe that they don't have someone in their mail room capable of signing for a package.

David
Oddly they don’t even have a mailroom. They are located in Colorado City, CO and there is no local post office. Mail service is sporadic because it is only provided by a USPS-private contractor agreement. With no rural carrier, I assume this is why they ship only with UPS and advise others to send things to them via UPS rather than USPS. This might explain why certified letters are a hassle so a UPS signature-required letter pack would provide a similar tracked delivery. See: https://krdo.com/news/2022/08/02/colora ... ice-again/
Interesting read. I upgraded my gotorch a few years back to a 4x4 and had no problem getting my parts delivered, but have never sent anything back for repairs yet, and thankfully have never had any major problems except the occasional gremlin that everyone experiences now and then.
. That is good to know that UPS is the best way to send things back since their tiny town of 2,600 residents have no real dependable/consistent USPS services, which is something most of us likely take for granted, and would explain why it may take a long time for them to get their mail. Plus a 30 mile drive each way takes time and fuel and be a PITB (pain i the booty) haah!!
I have had no problems with plasmacam, and have stopped reading all of the hate topics about plasmacam in the past.
I noticed that It started to shape my opinions. I refuse to fight someone else's fight whether it be real or imagined.
That never has turned out well for me in the past, and I am a much happier person now for it..
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

tinspark wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:39 pm
rdj357 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:10 am

David
Interesting read. I upgraded my gotorch a few years back to a 4x4 and had no problem getting my parts delivered, but have never sent anything back for repairs yet, and thankfully have never had any major problems except the occasional gremlin that everyone experiences now and then.
. That is good to know that UPS is the best way to send things back since their tiny town of 2,600 residents have no real dependable/consistent USPS services, which is something most of us likely take for granted, and would explain why it may take a long time for them to get their mail. Plus a 30 mile drive each way takes time and fuel and be a PITB (pain i the booty) haah!!
I have had no problems with plasmacam, and have stopped reading all of the hate topics about plasmacam in the past.
I noticed that It started to shape my opinions. I refuse to fight someone else's fight whether it be real or imagined.
That never has turned out well for me in the past, and I am a much happier person now for it..

Doug - very well said!

David
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I don't have any fight with PlasmaCam. We get along great! I love the software, and I like the tables. I still think they are the best bang for the buck, IF ONLY for the DesignEdge software which really does give you an advantage. I always tell people to take a serious look at the PlasmaCam tables but keep in mind that they will need to purchase several upgrades to GET the table they think they are buying.

I just think that some of their business practices are a bit odd, outdated and perhaps even misleading. But it is not MY company, so I cannot tell them to do things my way.

Some examples ... Selling plasma tables to LITERALLY ANYONE, without taking the time to explain exactly what is involved with running a plasma table ... a compressor, a fan with dust and smoke fumes exhaust, NOISE, etc. PlamaCam will sell a plasma table to a person who lives in a penthouse apartment in New York without EVER asking them if they have access to a shop in a location where a dirty, smelly, noisy industrial metal fabrication process will be performed.

Okay ... Granted! It is not their responsibility. But the snazzy demo DVD does NOT include the audio of the cutting process or any HINT of the smoke and fumes that are a part of the cutting process, nor the aftermath of processing cut metal by using grinders, welders, steel hammers, painting, powder coating, etc. SOME people who watch the DEMO DVD believe they can set this thing up in their living rooms, lay a fresh sheet of 14 gauge cold roll steel onto the grates and "Make Money In Metal Art!" 20 minutes after they assemble the table. Don't even waste your time telling me this is not true. I have purchased and sold or parted out no less than SIX brand new, never used DHC2 or Samson 510 tables or Go Torch machines from people who had no idea what all would be involved when they sent their money to PlasmaCam.

I disagree with the practice of selling GO TORCH machines with only basic machine control, when anyone with a brain KNOWS that the machine is basically useless without at least basic height control, and basic design software. I wish I had a dollar for every person who told me about the "GOT'CHA!" they experienced after buying a basic table or machine, only to discover that they needed to spend an additional $4,000.00 or more for additional software and upgrades, in order to have a machine that really can do MOST of what they watched it do in the DEMO DVD.

NOWHERE in the DEMO DVD do the words "$998.00 Advanced Design Upgrade Required for this process" ... "$998.00 Advanced Height Control Upgrade REQUIRED for this process" ... "$998.00 Full 3D Upgrade REQUIRED for this process" ... "$1,996.00 Pipe Cutting Accessory REQUIRED for this process" ... They show you everything the machine CAN do, and then sell you the BASIC machine which can do almost nothing.

The thing I hear MOST from PlasmaCam owners is, "When I purchased the machine, I didn't know I would need to spend several thousands of dollars MORE to get the software upgrades that give me many of the capabilities I saw in the DEMO DVD. I wanted the machine that would do all of those nifty things I saw in the video, and NOT ONE WORD was spoken by PlasmaCam about the massive additional costs for software upgrades I would need to pay to have all of those capabilities in my machine..."

When I purchased my first table, I asked a lot of questions. I purchased the Full Monty of software upgrades, nearly $15,000.00 worth of additional software over and above the price of the BASIC Samson 510 table. I went into it KNOWING what it would cost, to give me the machine that would do EVERYTHING I saw in the DEMO DVD.

I bought the Advanced Design Upgrade, the Advanced Height Control Upgrade, the Advanced Machine Upgrade, the Full 3D option, the Customizable Size Upgrade, the Nesting Upgrade and the Pipe Cutting accessory, along with two additional seats, if I remember correctly. The only thing I did not purchase initially was the Metric Conversion Upgrade, but I added that last upgrade shortly afterward, JUST so I had the Full Monty. Then I purchased seven additional seats later on. I still retain all ten seats, of course.

Another thing that bugs me, is their refusal to automate the process of license activation, and the activation of the software on a PC, or moving that software license to another PC, or purchasing and activating additional seats. ALL of these things should be available via a website 24/7, even on Christmas Eve if you wish. However, PlasmaCam still uses a very slow, manual activation process, and activating a new PC or a new seat can take DAYS, depending on when the action is started. There is simply NO REASON for this, in a world with high speed Internet access.

I do not regret my decision, but my table was a lot MORE than the $12,999.00 price they quote over the phone. I now have my original 510, a DHC2 and lots of spare parts! I also bought the engraver when it came out, but sold it later on, for lack of use.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Lots of incidental content in that 11 paragraph post, most of which I have little disagreement with. However, we were talking about the mail.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

We were talking about PlasmaCam's reluctance to sign for anything that is sent to them by Registered mail, before you and David steered the conversation to your incorrectly perceived "single source" :lol: of discontent with PlasmaCam's business model.

As for the rest of it, I will remind you once again, that you are not required to read anything I post.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

I explained why they would be unlikely to sign for a letter sent registered by USPS. There was no steering, just valid observation.

This is a public forum, same goes for everyone.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Joe Jones wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:41 am We were talking about PlasmaCam's reluctance to sign for anything that is sent to them by Registered mail, before you and David steered the conversation to your incorrectly perceived "single source" :lol: of discontent with PlasmaCam's business model.

As for the rest of it, I will remind you once again, that you are not required to read anything I post.

Joe
Not gonna even touch this one.
David
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

adbuch wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:56 pm
Joe Jones wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:41 am We were talking about PlasmaCam's reluctance to sign for anything that is sent to them by Registered mail, before you and David steered the conversation to your incorrectly perceived "single source" :lol: of discontent with PlasmaCam's business model.

Joe
Not gonna even touch this one.
David
and yet you did. :lol:

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers