New From Missouri

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Blackwateranvillc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

New From Missouri

Post by Blackwateranvillc »

Hello All
I am new here, I just bought a used PlasmaCam DHC2, and am working at getting it set up.
We have a farm/trailer repair shop, and also are growing the new fab end more each month
Curtis
Blackwater Anvil LLC
Centerview MO
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New From Missouri

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Curtis, there are some PlasmaCam member here so you can get questions answered if needed, or the search function in the upper right for a good look around.
have fun
Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Blackwateranvillc wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:41 am Hello All
I am new here, I just bought a used PlasmaCam DHC2, and am working at getting it set up.
We have a farm/trailer repair shop, and also are growing the new fab end more each month
Curtis
Blackwater Anvil LLC
Centerview MO
Hi. You are 525 miles away from me. I offer free online training for DesignEdge software via ZOOM, and I also do on-site training for a daily fee. I don't know how well you know the software or the table, but I am available to help you through the learning curve.

Tell me, what software are you running? DesignEdge? Which version? What upgrades (if any) are activated with your software license? Have you registered the table into your name with PlasmaCam? What sort of things do you plan to make with your table?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Blackwateranvillc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Thanks
Joe, I bought the table last week (my first). I sent the transfer paperwork in Friday, but didn’t get Design Edge downloaded and activated yet, and I do not know what upgrades. The table came from a school, and they didn’t have that info available? Dedicated plasma Computer is supposed to be delivered Monday. I will need to order the cable next week also.
I will keep you in mind for training.
Blackwater Anvil LLC
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Lots of Lincoln welders
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Welcome! I'm down in Tahlequah, OK - if I can ever be of assistance just let me know!
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Blackwateranvillc wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:20 pm Thanks
Joe, I bought the table last week (my first). I sent the transfer paperwork in Friday, but didn’t get Design Edge downloaded and activated yet, and I do not know what upgrades. The table came from a school, and they didn’t have that info available? Dedicated plasma Computer is supposed to be delivered Monday. I will need to order the cable next week also.
I will keep you in mind for training.
"Dedicated plasma computer?" :roll: Did you purchase this computer from PlasmaCam? Whatever upgrades the school may have originally purchased for the DesignEdge license attached to that table SHOULD be included in your DesignEdge license from PlamaCam when they transfer the table into your name.

What cable? The parallel cable? You can buy one from Best Buy or Amazon. Just make sure it is IEEE-1284 compliant. Do not get one of excessive length. Six feet works best. 8 or 10 feet if necessary, but steer clear of the longer parallel cables.

Ask the school for a copy of the original purchase invoice or ask PlasmaCam to TELL YOU what was purchased with the original license. The upgrades are about a thousand dollars EACH, so there is no need for YOU to purchase upgrades for that table, if they have already BEEN purchased and paid for by the school when they first purchased the table and software license. The software moves with the table, and so do the upgrades. If the school purchased any additional SEATS, those are not transferrable.

Did the table come with a plasma cutting machine?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Blackwateranvillc wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:41 am Hello All
Curtis
Blackwater Anvil LLC
Centerview MO
Welcome to the forum Curtis! That Plasmacam DHC2 is a great table, and the Design Edge software is "second to none' - in my opinion. What plasma cutter are you planning to use? I would most definitely recommend that you visit Robert's Learn Plasmacam Youtube channel as he as many great instructional videos pertaining to Design Edge and its use.

You may also want to visit Robert's website for great deals on various Plasmacam related products.
https://www.490creations.com/collection ... m-products
490 creations.jpg
I particularly recommend Robert's Learn Plasmacam mouse pads - I've got several of them and they are an easy way to reference the short cut keys and other Design Edge commands. And at $10 a super great value.

https://www.490creations.com/products/d ... -mouse-pad
mouse pad.jpg
Good luck with your new adventure and let us know if you have questions about setting up your table or software and we will do our best to try to help you.

David
Blackwateranvillc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Thanks To all
I got the ownership transfered and DE installed, the school has (according to PCAM) never bought any upgrades to the software
Joe, No,I did not buy a computer from PCam, i got a refurb Dell to run the table.
I ordered the cable and mouse pads from Robert , Thanks
Blackwater Anvil LLC
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Lots of Lincoln welders

Return to “Introduce Yourself”