New to board from north AL

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Angryfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New to board from north AL

Post by Angryfab »

Hello everyone just got a xr an excited to get to work with it .been building rockbouncers for years with hand tools an I think this new table will up my game considerably. Would like to cut some stuff to sell an make some of my money back .still wraping my head around the drawing thing .
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to board from north AL

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard!! For those who don't know (I was one of them), and "xr" refers to the Langmuir Systems Crossfire XR cutting table.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/xr
Crossfire xr.jpg
What are you doing for your cad/cam programming? Langmuir has some excellent Fusion 360 tutorials.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion

And of course Inkscape/Sheetcam or CorelDraw/Sheetcam are popular combinations as well. Let us know once you get up and cutting and perhaps share a few photos of your projects.

David
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome to the site! For a rockbouncer guy used to making parts by hand this will be major game changer. You're in for some fun. Drawing the parts you need is the difficult part for most and I assume you are using Fusion 360 for design which is great for mechanical parts and there are tons of helpful videos to get you designing with success. I learned Fusion just from short video clips. I just got stumped, searched for a video with a solution and have overcome everything. Good luck and have fun.
ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

Welcome George!!! You're welcome to come out for some hands on "training"...Need to do some catching up anyways!
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
Angryfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Angryfab »

Might just do that bud

Return to “Introduce Yourself”