Returning Ag Teacher

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
mr.peterson
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Returning Ag Teacher

Post by mr.peterson »

Hey fellow fabricators! My district finally got my students and I a Dynatorch Super B for this show season in Texas. We currently have over 60+ projects on the board ranging from fire pits, smokers, trailers, patio furniture, and shop equipment. The new Enroute7 is going to be a learning curve for me to get them going but a lot of late nights is what it will take.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Returning Ag Teacher

Post by acourtjester »

Great for you and the students, you can learn together, I'm sure there will be many smiles along the way. If you have questions fire away. What software are you using? You might do a smoker or firepit for the dean, a little payback may go a long way toward future requests. :Yay :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

That's great, the more young people we can get into the trades the better. I am sure they will be pretty stoked to see what they can create. Have fun!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Welcome to the forum! I just recently learned about the super b, had not heard of them before. I checked out their website, but couldn't find any pricing. What software (cad/cam) will your students be using to create new designs for cutting on your new table? Inkscape/Sheetcam is very popular, as well as Fusion 360 - which will do cad/cam/post process to g-code all in a single program. There are many great Fusion tutorials available, and I particularly recommend those from Langmuir Systems.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion

Good luck with your new venture.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”