SteamPunk Metal Worx

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
SteamPunkMetalWorx
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

SteamPunk Metal Worx

Post by SteamPunkMetalWorx »

Hello all, I am new to CNC and have recently purchased a Squickmon’s 4x8 table. I have been using the table off and on for about 3 months now and still struggle with the design process. I have a full time job but do fab work out of my garage on days off. Looking do way to learning from all of the knowledge and experience on here.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: SteamPunk Metal Worx

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Steam
Lots of help here to get you going better, you can use the search function in the upper right for a quick look around. When asking questions locate them in the category they fit in. You can also download all the files you want if they fit your needs.

have fun
Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Re: SteamPunk Metal Worx

Post by adbuch »

Welcome to the forum! When you say you struggle with the design process - do you mean you are struggling to learn the software, or is your problem in conceptualizing the finished product? What cad/cam software are you using? As Tom pointed out, there are different categories on the forum with different topics to study to try to find answers and ideas. If you're having troubles conceptualizing the project, then that is a different matter. I often find it helpful to break the project up in to steps and make a written list to follow. Thinking thru the project one step at a time and visualizing how all those individual steps will come together can be very enlightening.
David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”