SA Precision Cuts is here!

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
SA Precision Cuts
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

SA Precision Cuts is here!

Post by SA Precision Cuts »

Hello all. This seems like a good forum to post and share all of my CNC work. I have had my table for about a year now and enjoy it. I have made numerous pieces of art. My arsenal consists of the Langmuir Crossfire Pro table, Hypertherm Powermax 45 Plasma Cutter, and 80 gallon Craftsman Air Compressor. For software I use mostly Inkscape and Fusion 360. I get alot of hate about the Fusion 360 but I find it to be easy for me even though all I am using it for is 2d cutting. I have tried Sheetcam but I came running back to Fusion 360. If you need any help or tips and tricks, feel free to contact me.

All my work is posted on Tiktok under sa_precision_cuts. Currently, I have over 70 videos of the various projects that I have worked on. I have a couple of videos on Instagram also under saprecisioncuts but a majority of all my work is on Tiktok. Check it out!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: SA Precision Cuts is here!

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! That Langmuir/Hypertherm is a great combination. Is your cutter the 45 or 45xp? Many prefer using the Hypertherm FineCut consumables with the 45xp for cutting 10 ga. and thinner material. The FineCuts are not available with the 45 unless the torch is upgraded to the Duramax, but I do understand that some folks use the Powermax 30 consumables on the Powermax 45 cutter for less heat into the part, narrower kerf, and better details on intricate cuts. Fusion 360 is great cad/cam/post processing, and Langmuir has some great tutorial videos at their site. Many here use Inkscape as well, and I expect the usual is the Inkscape/Sheetcam combination - very popular. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and I'm sure any photos of your work will be appreciated as well.

David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Nice work the music and art seem to cross many genres, you been busy :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
SA Precision Cuts

adbuch wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:08 am Welcome aboard! That Langmuir/Hypertherm is a great combination. Is your cutter the 45 or 45xp? Many prefer using the Hypertherm FineCut consumables with the 45xp for cutting 10 ga. and thinner material. The FineCuts are not available with the 45 unless the torch is upgraded to the Duramax, but I do understand that some folks use the Powermax 30 consumables on the Powermax 45 cutter for less heat into the part, narrower kerf, and better details on intricate cuts. Fusion 360 is great cad/cam/post processing, and Langmuir has some great tutorial videos at their site. Many here use Inkscape as well, and I expect the usual is the Inkscape/Sheetcam combination - very popular. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and I'm sure any photos of your work will be appreciated as well.

David
Thank you! I have a 45xp. I use the Fine Cut consumables but never used it on anything smaller than 16 ga. I will try it out next time I cut 11ga. I will definately be asking questions for the future and start sharing some files for yall!
SA Precision Cuts

acourtjester wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:09 am Nice work the music and art seem to cross many genres, you been busy :Like
Thank you! I listen to many genres of music so I try to make a good connection of music and the piece that I am cutting out.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

SA Precision Cuts wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:47 pm
adbuch wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:08 am Welcome aboard! That Langmuir/Hypertherm is a great combination. Is your cutter the 45 or 45xp? Many prefer using the Hypertherm FineCut consumables with the 45xp for cutting 10 ga. and thinner material. The FineCuts are not available with the 45 unless the torch is upgraded to the Duramax, but I do understand that some folks use the Powermax 30 consumables on the Powermax 45 cutter for less heat into the part, narrower kerf, and better details on intricate cuts. Fusion 360 is great cad/cam/post processing, and Langmuir has some great tutorial videos at their site. Many here use Inkscape as well, and I expect the usual is the Inkscape/Sheetcam combination - very popular. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and I'm sure any photos of your work will be appreciated as well.

David
Thank you! I have a 45xp. I use the Fine Cut consumables but never used it on anything smaller than 16 ga. I will try it out next time I cut 11ga. I will definately be asking questions for the future and start sharing some files for yall!
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “Introduce Yourself”