New Guy from South Mississippi

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
chrisrova21
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New Guy from South Mississippi

Post by chrisrova21 »

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster in Picayune, MS. Made my very first cuts on my Crossfire Pro yesterday! This is about to be a very expensive rabbit hole. I'm already hooked. I have a history with welding (mostly automotive related), and have just always used my plasma by hand cutting. I am still learning the setup and steps in Fusion360. I use Fusion for my 3d printing so I'm semi familiar with the design side of it. The tool path and settings are going to be fun to figure out. Glad to be a member here and looking forward to learning from you guys! Thanks in advance for all the answers to my stupid questions in the future (don't worry, I know how to use the search bar and will only post after I've searched every corner of the internet).

-Chris
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Guy from South Mississippi

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard Chris! Langmuir makes some great tables, and I have heard nothing but good things about their Crossfire Pro. What cutter are you using? Inkscape is great for designing, and can save as dxf for import to Fusion 360 for creating your cut paths. Langmuir has a great set of tutorial videos on using Fusion 360 for plasma cutting. Let us know if you get stuck and we are here to help.
David
chrisrova21
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by chrisrova21 »

Thanks! I'm using the Razorweld Cut45 for the table and I have a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 38 for hand cutting stuff. I've been watching all the youtube tutorials I can find and they have been tremendous help! I've already made a few cuts and it is way cooler than I thought it was going to be! I'm working on getting a shop built in my backyard so I can have a dedicated space for the table and welding stuff. For now I will stick with having to unplug my dryer and use the 50amp extension cord for the plasma. My house is probably the first house built...ever. So no room on my panel to run a dedicated breaker for the table. That shop can't get built soon enough!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Chris - it sounds like you are off to a good start! Keep us posted with any projects you do. We always like to see these and they can also give others some good ideas for their own projects.
David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”