New to forum

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Robb
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New to forum

Post by Robb »

Hey everyone , I've been fabricating -welding and hand plasma cutting for most of my life (57yrs old) I was the machinist / fabricator @ Dixie cup in Pennsylvania . The plant closed and I decided to start my own fab business bought a Langmuir XR 4 x 8 table and off I went . As a rookie I need all the help I can get !! Someone recommended this site and just the few minutes I've spent looking through it looks like it will be an amazing help !! Looking forward to sharing ideas with you all !!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to forum

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard Robb! With your years of experience, you will be a "shoe in" for having great success with the cnc part of it as well. Those Langmuir tables are great, and I have heard nothing but good reviews for them. What software are you using for your cad/cam? I know that many use Fusion 360 - and Langmuir has some great Fusion 360 tutorials at their site. Many here also use the Inkscape/Sheetcam combo. What sorts of projects are you creating in your fab business? Feel free to share some photos.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Robb, Being your own boss have its pluses, Many here to help with questions. Also you can use the search function in the upper right to look around. Many file are here to download that may give ideas if needed.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Robb
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Robb »

Thanks guys !! I use Fusion 360 for structural parts and Inkscape / for signage and wall art and whatnot . Thankfully I've been doing pretty well so far but as of late with the economy taking a dump things have slowed down quite a bit .

Return to “Introduce Yourself”