New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
OCTANEWELDER
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by OCTANEWELDER »

Hello everyone my name is John. I am currently waiting for my plasma table to arrive. I order a arclighht table 4x8 . It's a turnkey machine. I am ver excited about this as I am a welder by trade. I wanna make cool things to promote my welding business and insight suggestions and advice is welcomed thank you in advance.
I live in California down south. I wanna get a price sheet aswell. I was recommended to come here. How to I down load the prince specs
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard John
There is a great amount of info supplied here in the form of files for projects, problems member have had, and others. There is a work sheet program posted by a member shown here. Let the fun begain.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=9565
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Hi John! Welcome to the forum. One of the huge benefits of that Arclight Dynamics table is that they offer an option for around $300 that includes a digital camera and software for scanning in templates, parts, etc. to directly create dxf files for cutting. I was so impressed with this that I purchased the Scanything software they use along with a digital camera/lamp and installed this as an accessory to my cnc router table. If you didn't already order it, I would highly recommend adding this upgrade to your table.

Here is a demo video showing how it works.

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjKcyQaeus4
Arclight Dynamics Auto Tracer option demo.jpg
OCTANEWELDER
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by OCTANEWELDER »

Thanks for that video that was awesome I had no idea that existed. I am definitely gonna order that.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

OCTANEWELDER wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:02 pm Thanks for that video that was awesome I had no idea that existed. I am definitely gonna order that.
I think you will have a lot of fun with it. And - it can provide very accurate results.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Here is one example. This is a large washer cut on my PlasmaCAM cnc plasma table. It was originally drawn with and outside diameter of 4.750". The cut part measures very close to this.
scanything trace 1.jpg
The actual part does have a very small amount of ripple on the plasma cut edges (outside circumference and inside the center hole edge) which may or may not contribute to any waviness in the resultant dxf after tracing. I assume that when I am have Smoothing set to 100% (or even 75%) this may help to eliminate this in the trace.
scanything trace 2.jpg
The dimensions on the trace dxf are very close to the actual measured dimension of the part. I have traced several other round objects with similar results.
scanything trace 3.jpg
OCTANEWELDER
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by OCTANEWELDER »

I ORDER MINE THRU ARCLIGHT IT WORKS GREAT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

OCTANEWELDER wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:29 am I ORDER MINE THRU ARCLIGHT IT WORKS GREAT
Yes - that is how I originally heard about this. I was in to SouthWest Steel several years ago and another customer was telling me about the auto tracing accessory he had purchased as an add-on when he purchased his brand new Arclight Dynamics table for around $20K. I did a little bit of research and found that the software is actually the Scanything package created by Les Newall of Sheetcam. Les explained how to set it up, which camera and lamp to use, and I was up and running (or should I say: "up and tracing") for under $200. This is a great tool to have when you need it, and much quicker than using the LogicTrace system with Calcomp digitizing board.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”