New member from Arizona

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Hardtail84
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New member from Arizona

Post by Hardtail84 »

New member trying to learn more about cnc plama tables and using them. Im 69 years old and have been fabricating for myself and others for a long time. Mostly Harley builds and lately sxs. Now I want to step it up with a plasma cutting table. Ya I know, Im an old fart, and I do suffer from OFS ( old fart syndrome ), but im hooked on fabricating and cant stop.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New member from Arizona

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! Your new plasma table will be another tool to add to your list of both tools and capabilities. I like the motorcycles, but not sure what an sxs is. What sort of plasma tables are you looking at? I like the Plasmacam DHC2 and also the Langmuir tables. Or maybe with your fabrication background you will go the diy route and build one from scratch. There is plenty of information here about both, and the search function will help you to find useful information on plasma tables, cad/cam software, and also plenty of files ready to cut. Where in Arizona are you located? I am in Tucson.
David
acourtjester

Re: New member from Arizona

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Hardtail you are not the only "old Fart" here, but do remember you still can learn. I was about your age when I learned about CAD/CAM/Plasma cutting, and still find new things to learn. I have built a few tables for scratch and just finished my 3rd 2" X 72" belt grinder. I used my table to cut the parts for it. Let the fun begin, you will find new things to fabricate when you have a table, far less cost to cut your own parts for projects. You will find this is a large group of varied member to answer questions.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”