Hello from Branson, Missouri

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
bransoncerakote
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Branson, Missouri

Post by bransoncerakote »

Hi! I'm Laura :) My husband and I own Branson Cerakote and we purchased a new PlasmaCam 5X10 system. We set it up in our new shop and THEN decided that it could not go in the new shop due to ventilation issues (ugh!). So, we are going to be moving it back to our old shop and run it there. I am wondering...is it best to disassemble the beast to move it or is it possible to move it in one piece. Here is my idea...let me know if this would work without tweaking the frame...move the table on car rollers, load it from the loading dock onto a flat bed tow truck (we'd have to use a reach forklift to help get it on the flat bed), drive it to our old shop (7 miles) and somehow magically unload it (I haven't thought that far). I'd appreciate any thoughts and opinions!
I'm SO EXCITED to get this thing fired up. We already have lasers and I build my own files...so I figured the plasma wasn't a far stretch from what I'm already doing...just a different platform. Of course, there will be that learning curve, but I'm excited to just learn!
It's nice to meet ya'll!
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Branson, Missouri

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome Laura! The Cerakote peeked my interest so I checked out your site, love it, looks great! I think you will be fine to move your machine in 1 piece. Best of luck and let us know how things are going once you get started.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, when moving your table I would look at how it was prepared to be sent to you. They have shipped many tables and packaged it for the transport with care, I'm sure you do not want to damage your table so the more care you take the better. Great idea to expand your business being able to offer more products.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

bransoncerakote wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:58 pm Hi! I'm Laura :) My husband and I own Branson Cerakote and we purchased a new PlasmaCam 5X10 system. We set it up in our new shop and THEN decided that it could not go in the new shop due to ventilation issues (ugh!). So, we are going to be moving it back to our old shop and run it there. I am wondering...is it best to disassemble the beast to move it or is it possible to move it in one piece. Here is my idea...let me know if this would work without tweaking the frame...move the table on car rollers, load it from the loading dock onto a flat bed tow truck (we'd have to use a reach forklift to help get it on the flat bed), drive it to our old shop (7 miles) and somehow magically unload it (I haven't thought that far). I'd appreciate any thoughts and opinions!
I'm SO EXCITED to get this thing fired up. We already have lasers and I build my own files...so I figured the plasma wasn't a far stretch from what I'm already doing...just a different platform. Of course, there will be that learning curve, but I'm excited to just learn!
It's nice to meet ya'll!
Welcome aboard Laura! That Plasmacam Sampson is a great machine, and even better with the Design Edge upgrades for Advanced Design, Advanced Machine Control, and both levels of Advanced Height Control. I would just attach wheels/casters to the legs and roll it right up the ramps onto your trailer. If you have an electric winch, that would make it a "walk in the park". Then unload the same way when you get to your other shop. By the way, I use my Plasmacam DHC2 4x4 table inside an enclosed shop with no problems. I have added a water table and draft system and these remove about 99% of the smoke. Even after you move it to your other shop, I would still recommend installing a good downdraft (or side draft) exhaust system. If not - then you most definitely would want to wear a respirator while cutting with your table.

David
bransoncerakote
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hi David,

We are going to build the downdraft pieces. We have big fan from a salvaged paint booth (and we're using the metal to make us a sign!!).

I'll keep everyone posted on how the move goes...I'm sure ya'll will get some good laughs at us newbies figuring this all out.

Laura
bransoncerakote
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

plasmanewbie wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:16 am Welcome Laura! The Cerakote peeked my interest so I checked out your site, love it, looks great! I think you will be fine to move your machine in 1 piece. Best of luck and let us know how things are going once you get started.

Thank you! I'll keep you posted!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”