New Member From San Antonio

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
EZE
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New Member From San Antonio

Post by EZE »

Hello from San Antonio

I am finally a member but long time follower of the community. I just pickup my first torchmate table its 10 years old and I'm excited to start the retrofit to modernize the table. I hope to learn as much as I can
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Member From San Antonio

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, buying an older table is a good way to get started, even if you use it to cut parts for a new DIY table. All steps are learning steps, ask questions to be sure of your direction for rebuild or build.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Dgarcia
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Dgarcia »

Welcome and hope you can help me with a problem. I have torchmate 4800 with a flex cut 80 torch will come down but will not cut hopefully someone can help
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Dgarcia wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:40 pm Welcome and hope you can help me with a problem. I have torchmate 4800 with a flex cut 80 torch will come down but will not cut hopefully someone can help
There could be many reasons why your torch will not cut. We will need much more information with details about your particular circumstance. Some of the reasons a torch might not cut would be low air pressure, improper wiring of torch control cable, trigger not held closed if a hand torch, problem with consumables, plasma cutter not powered on, work lead clamp ("ground cable clamp") not connected to material, improper torch height, etc.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

EZE wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:58 am Hello from San Antonio

I am finally a member but long time follower of the community. I just pickup my first torchmate table its 10 years old and I'm excited to start the retrofit to modernize the table. I hope to learn as much as I can
Welcome to the forum! You are starting on an exciting adventure and I'm sure will have fun and learn much along the way.
Good luck!
David
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

Dgarcia wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:40 pm Welcome and hope you can help me with a problem. I have torchmate 4800 with a flex cut 80 torch will come down but will not cut hopefully someone can help
Did you get this resolved? I had this happening for 6moths last year. I replaced everything between my compressor and sheet metal, it finely came down to being my brand new flex cut 80. The internal regulator was broken.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

ETCWeld wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:33 pm
Did you get this resolved? I had this happening for 6moths last year. I replaced everything between my compressor and sheet metal, it finely came down to being my brand new flex cut 80. The internal regulator was broken.
It would probably be a good idea to try some hand cutting with your plasma cutter first. This could possibly eliminate the possibility that your plasma cutter is malfunctioning. If it cuts fine with hand torch, then you know to look elsewhere for the cause of your problem.
David
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

that is a good idea, unfortunately the ones who planned the equipment for the shop I'm in bought two different Lincoln plasma machines (the flex-cut with a machine torch and the tomahawk with a hand torch) so I didn't have a hand torch for it. Lincoln finally sent me a new torch to replace my bad one, and it turns out it wasn't the bad one. On the +side, I did get to keep the extra torch.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I was answering/making the suggestion to Dgarcia who said he was having problems with his Torchmate. I was not aware you were also having the same problem. But glad to hear you have solved your problem as well.
David
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

I appreciate any words of wisdom. When we're all trying to help each other everybody wins.
Thank you.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”