Hello from Missouri

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
DLinton
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Missouri

Post by DLinton »

Can't wait to read and chat about all the info I have seen here. I bought a PlasmaCam at an auction brand new still in the crate with a new hypertherm 1000 still in box. It has been working well still learning have some trouble with the Z axis and cutting heigth.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Missouri

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! Which model Plasmacam did you buy? DHC2, DHC? Are you running Design Edge or 3.11? If Design Edge, which advanced options do you have - if any? The big three are Advanced Design, Advanced Machine Control, and Advanced Height Control. If you are using Design Edge, then I highly recommend Robert Johnson's Youtube video titled "Design Edge Settings Explained". He talks about the height control settings around 53:00 in the video.

What specific problems are you having with your Z axis and cut height? I have been running my Plasmacam DHC2 for close to 5 years now and will be more than happy to try to help you solve your problems.

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcm0DdDPfo
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Missouri

Post by rdj357 »

Hi there! What part of Missouri? I’m diagonal down a bit from you in Oklahoma but grew up close to Joplin, MO.

Anyway, I have some links in my signature to the classes and videos I’ve done. We have classes in Tulsa, OK and I’m working to get one scheduled there in March.

Message or contact me and I’m happy to help any way I can!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”