Hello from Wisconsin

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
servo
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Wisconsin

Post by servo »

I am an automation engineer and a family man who has always had a love for metalworking and fabrication. I like to build and repair servo motion equipment. Although I had planned to build a cnc plasma table I am currently looking at a Crossfire Pro by Langmuir Systems because I have too many other projects started to undertake a plasma table build. I don't have room for a 4x8 table in my shop but I would like to get one that allows me to pass a 4ft wide sheet through and index larger cuts. In my shop I have a Bridgeport Mill, 175A MIG welder, 225A AC/DC TIG welder, 60A Plasma cutter, 2-post car lift, dynamic tire balancer, center post tire mounting machine, and several large tool boxes. I have experience with Solidworks modeling at work, modeling with OnShape at home, SheetCam, GIMP, CURA, and Inkscape. I have extensive 3D printing experience as I own a very large 3D printer.

My CNC plasma cutting experience comes from being asked to repair a non working CandCNC table that was at an area school. After repairing it for them I learned a lot about them and now have a passion to obtain one for myself. I have previously owned a vinyl cutter and have extensive experience with Inkscape and vector graphic creation.

I'm also a solar panel reseller and I have installed a self-built solar tracking pole in my yard that generates 3000Watts when it is a clear day.

I'm currently a paid member waiting for file access.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard sounds like you are very ready for a table of your own, and hit the road running. You sound like you could help other here too. :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are very well versed in a variety or "hands-on" skills. I have heard nothing but praise for the Langmuir products, and in particular the CrossFire Pro. Be sure your plasma cutter is compatible with cnc work. You will want to make sure it is "blow back" start and not HF start. There is a discussion about this below.
David

https://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?t=30743
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

Welcome from another cheesehead!
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

Welcome from SE WI.
I thought the same way about a 4x8, but if you have room to index a sheet you have room for a 4x8 table. I managed to fit one in my 2 car garage along with a 3x6 weldtable and glad I didn't go smaller as most jobs are larger in size.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”