new to site

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
vrodrig477
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

new to site

Post by vrodrig477 »

My name is victor i have been welding for the past 4 years i have participated in SkillUSA 2021, i recently won the silver in the welding sculpture for my state i also won silver in 2019 and bronze the year before. i have been hooked on CNC since working with a Lincoln Torchmate at school welding and the state competitions have furthered my interest that i even took building my own machine at home yet its completion is almost there, recently i purchased a PlasmaCam as is at an govdeals auction i am also finding that they are so proprietary that the cost for designedge is insane i will probably end up mach3ing this table just as soon as i can figure out its wiring schematics or linuxCNC i am happy to join this forum and will check in as much as i can its like i read once greatness is achieved when great minds huddle and brainstorm.
Attachments
Gladiator 2.jpg
jmersereau
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: new to site

Post by jmersereau »

Wow, welcome! Impressive skills with welding. Congrats on the awards. I can see how having a plasma table would be awesome when combined with your talent. I'm just starting to learn how to MIG weld and progressing slowly.

Jim
PrimeWeld CUT60
Langmuir CrossFire Pro
LightBurn, SheetCAM, FireControl
YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: new to site

Post by TJS »

Welcome. Building your own is the way to go. Seems like you are on your way. I have been Tigging and Migging for quite some time now. Very rewarding.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”