Hello!!

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Butter1leg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello!!

Post by Butter1leg »

Hello All! Pretty new to the CNC world, and only been welding for a few years. I'm a retired veteran doing this for my retirement job!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello!!

Post by adbuch »

Hi Butter1leg! Welcome aboard! Tell us more about yourself - what kind if table and software are you using, what kinds of projects to you expect to work on, etc.
Thanks,
David
Butter1leg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Butter1leg »

Actually have a few questions as well, I'm sure someone can answer.
I'm using the Crossfire Pro, w/ razorweld45, Fusion 360 and Fire Control. So far I've made some signs, a couple of flags and a couple of customized fire pits. hopefully get my old employer and maybe some other local bike shops and other businesses to make any parts for them. I'm interested in the scribing, but I'll pick that up some other time.
My biggest issues right now is with the program itself I guess. I just started a couple of months go, is there a way in fusion or even in fire control to set a return to zero? It would be nice to have it get out of the way until the post flow stops and I can start inspecting and getting pieces off without having to manually move everything.
Thanks!
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

This web page show the operation on the Langmuir Fire Control and abut 3/4 of the way down is the answer for your question. Go to XY zero.
Don't know if you use SheetCam for the G-code generation but if so and Langmuir has a Post Processor that can be in the G-code to return to X & Y zero at the end of the G-code. :Like
Attachments
zero x and y.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Butter1leg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Butter1leg »

Yeah I know that button, just doesn't lift the z axis up. As far as in the code, I don't know if it's in Fusion, or if maybe there is a way to add line of code. and langmuirs post, I would have to contact them. I haven't tried SheetCam yet, I'm an above knee amputee, so I'm always trying to save a step or two!!
Thanks for your help
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I looked in SheetCam and did not see a langmuir post processor listed. If you do start using SheetCam the move for X & Y to zero is attached here.
it also has provisions to lift the Z at the end of cuts, so it is not needed as the last line of G-code. If your G-code is generated by Fusion I'm sure a member here will explain what to do, or a Langmuir user will. :Like
Have fun there are many great projects here or like you said a local business will use your service, just bring in an example of what you can do. :Yay A good start is do a logo or simple sign (small wall hanger) for them to see what is possible.
zero X & Y 1.JPG
zero X & Y 1.JPG (15.01 KiB) Viewed 427 times
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

Business card holders are also a good way to demonstrate your service.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Something I thought of and that is the button is most likely a Macro that can be changed to add the Z movement. Now realize that the Z 0.0 is most likely to surface of the metal. If it is a macro and you can add a Z movement command I would tell it to move up to 1.0" before the X and Y zero command, like the line above.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Butter1leg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Butter1leg »