New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Patch it
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Patch it »

Hi, new to the forum, just introducing myself.
I'm a long time hobby fabricator and qualified smaw welder plus I dabble in both aluminum and stainless tig. I've never had a plasma table before but I'm getting ready to start building one. I'm just starting to collect info on what all I'm getting into. My intention is to start by building a 2'x3' sit on top style cutter similar to the
go-torch. My shop space is limited and I generally am making parts that a 2x2 even would be fine. If I prove to myself that this kind of project is within my capabilities and I'm getting the use from the table then I may re organize my shop to facilitate a larger table at that time.
Thanks for having me, I'm sure there's a wealth of information to be had on here!

Cheers, Patch
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New member

Post by acourtjester »

Hi Patch
You go for it many here have built their own, I have built a few. It is a great project, lots of info shared here from members. Many great files for you to download to give you things to cut, or info to design your own. Check out the search function in the upper right to have a good look around.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
jmersereau
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New member

Post by jmersereau »

Welcome, not sure if you have looked at the original Langmuir CrossFire table. It is available both new or used (lots of guys upgrading to the bigger Pro version and their OG up for sale). For a starter small footprint table this might be a good one for you. I recently got the Pro and am very happy with the table and the company/community support. https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/

Jim
PrimeWeld CUT60
Langmuir CrossFire Pro
LightBurn, SheetCAM, FireControl
YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG

Return to “Introduce Yourself”