hello

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Burnmetal Ern
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hello

Post by Burnmetal Ern »

Greetings plasma people

My name is Ernie and I am very new to plasma. Currently I am starting week five of the level 1 ITA welding program. our school has a plasma table and I am very interested in learning and using said table. I have downloaded inkscape and qcad and will start playing with these programs. Any and all info that can help me move forward so I can teach myself in the ways of plasma would be awesome. My instructor is not very into using the table and says it is very difficult to create files so i figure if I teach myself he may be willing to give me use of the table. So the adventure begins and I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I can start cutting some plates. have a great day all.
jmersereau
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hello

Post by jmersereau »

Welcome Ernie, you'll find lots of info on this site as well as a lot of designs you can use as-is or modify/combine to suit your needs. YouTube is your friend for software tutorials.

Jim
PrimeWeld CUT60
Langmuir CrossFire Pro
LightBurn, SheetCAM, FireControl
YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hello

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Ernie, Inkscape is great you can develop SVG files there and convert them to G-code with SheetCam if the school has it. You can download both DXF and SVG files from members here for free.
Tell the teacher he gets paid to learn then teach, sounds a little lazy.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”