New guy here, with a new table on the way

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
BMCF
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

New guy here, with a new table on the way

Post by BMCF »

*tap tap* is this thing on? I'm Brad. I live in Central PA. I"ve been a welder for the last 18 years( my adult life) and always found myself cutting out multiples of the same item for projects. I have wanted a plasma table for a long time. I made myself a track torch, that helped me alot, but still wanted a CNC. I was looking at the small tables like the Langmuir Crossfire, but knew I would outgrow it really quick. So, I pulled the trigger on a Premier Plasma 5x10, and a 45XP plasma.

Now, the mechanical type parts, I can design, fairly decent. I have had some training with different CAD programs. When it comes to the artsy stuff, well... thats another story. I have been watching lots of Youtube :HaHa
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New guy here, with a new table on the way

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, many here started like you have and found many answers to questions. As for the artsy stuff learn as you go and you will get there. I learn as I need and this causes me to focus more and the interest is keaner, and I seem to retain more. Not saying that is the best but it worked for me and YouTube is a great help as you see varied description of how others do things.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”