Newby

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
arkyjenkins
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Newby

Post by arkyjenkins »

Hello everyone. I placed my order today for a 5' x 10' Cyrious table with a Hypertherm 65. Me and my son run a sheetmetal fabricating shop in business since 1996. up to this point, our main products are restaurant related- vent hoods, pass throughs , waitress stations etc. We also build quite a few chimney caps. We are located in a suburb of Dallas, Texas called Balch Springs. We can;t wait for all the new opportunies this machine will open up for us. The name of our company is RNP Sheetmetal. I'm Rick and my son is Paul.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newby

Post by robertspark »

Welcome to you both,
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard and let the fun begin, a little redirect since you are doing restaurant related objects. You may want to look at wall hanging or signage they could use. You could do fish for seafood places, cows and pigs for BBQ. many files posted here already.
Last edited by acourtjester on Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
arkyjenkins
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by arkyjenkins »

Thanks, great ideas.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Hello Rick! Welcome aboard and congratulations on your entry into cnc plasma. I'm sure it'll enhance your shops capabilities as it did for mine. For nearly two decades the Mrs. and I ran our family owned business based in north Ms. Armed with a full CMC license we manufactured and installed commercial kitchen hoods along with the required duct work, fans, fire suppression and gas line all over the southeastern US. I too purchased a plasma table to assist with production as well as expand my capabilities. Where manufacturing is concerned the table was a huge help especially when it came to duct work and particularly offsets/change of direction, brackets and the like. I seemed to find new applications constantly and as acourtjester suggests pushing signage etc. for the restaurants is a good way to capitalize and also a good way to ease into the artsy side of things. The learning curve may appear steep at this point, I certainly know that it was for me however all it takes to be successful with plasma is a lot of determination and plenty of practice particularly where CAD is concerned. You just may be amazed at the doors that open for you. I know that I was. With 30 years behind me as a welding/fabricating extremely hands on guy I didn't really have much artistic talent of which to speak. Now through much learning I only design, working files for people all over. One just never knows until they try. :Yay
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

Welcome to the site

Return to “Introduce Yourself”