New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Randman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Randman »

I’m new of coarse. I am just recent retired 30 year machinist/welder. I have been thinking for a while about getting a CNC plasma table. To add to my fabricating tools and machines. Mainly to stay busy. I have passion for hotrods. I have been a Streetrodder for many years also. So I figured I could have fun Fabing some hotrod parts for myself, help save some friends, save them some money and knows maybe make some money. Saying that maybe some could help me make a good decision on a plasma table. I already have a hypertherm xp45 plasma cutter. Thx Guys
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: NEW MEMBER

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Many DIY types here, with your background why not build your won table, I have built 9 table completely from scratch. Been doing Street Rodding for many years 34 all steel Ford (unfinished) in my shop now, others on the road. :Yay
my 34 sedan.jpg
woodie I built (6).jpg
woodie I built (6).jpg (2.64 KiB) Viewed 227 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: NEW MEMBER

Post by robertspark »

Welcome,
the 45xp is a very capable machine, and I'd have said that you're half way there cost wise as you've got a good machine now just the table and motion control side of things to sort.

I started with a PMX350, and after the first two cuts, I realised what it was missing was an automated / controlled way of cutting to follow a pattern.... hence an XY table to speed up the process + compensated for a steady hand.... no need to markout and cut just give the machine the CAD file marked up with a cut profile....

Nice acourtjester :Like :Like

Return to “Introduce Yourself”