New in Alaska - looking to build a small plasma CNC

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
mbellerive
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New in Alaska - looking to build a small plasma CNC

Post by mbellerive »

Hello all,

I don't spend a lot of time on forums (although that will likely need to change), so I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or hop on someone else's...

In any case, I am retiring from the Air Force/Alaska Air National Guard (AK ANG 211th Rescue Squadron) within the next year and would like to get into metal art/woodworking to supplement my retirement. I don't have a huge amount of capital to get started (saving that to build our retirement home) so I was thinking of building a small plasma CNC to get my feet wet. I already have a Hypertherm 45XP, but need the table and electronics to run it. I also have a Shapeoko 3XXL, Fusion 360, and Vectric V-Carve Pro to get an intro into CNC machines and get started on the wood side of things so I have an introduction and limited knowledge of CAD/CAM.

I was hoping I could get pointed to some posts (yes I have been searching the forum) and in particular plans to consider. I have noted (in many threads) references to acourtjester's plans. but I'll be darned if I can find them.

Any advice, tips, and cautions would be hugely appreciated and I look forward to interacting with the members on the forum. There seem to be some very knowledgeable and friendly folks here.

Warm Holiday Wishes from Alaska!

Marty
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New in Alaska - looking to build a small plasma CNC

Post by acourtjester »

Private Message sent

have fun
Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch