New Table owner

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Dragfluid
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

New Table owner

Post by Dragfluid »

Hi folks. Proud owner of a second/third/whatever hand DHC2. Got it from an online auction. Hoping to read and learn here, as I have one heck of a learning curve in my future. After I so some reading, I'll make a thread about it.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Table owner

Post by ben de lappe »

Welcome and congratulations! Every one of us starts at the beginning with the basics and the learning never stops. This stuff is addictive to many, no telling where the cnc road may lead.
ColtDurr
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ColtDurr »

Welcome ! Luckily I think you got one of the easier tables to run! I know they have a big pcam owners forum also
4'x4' Delusional Designs FREEDOM
Hypertherm 45XP
60 Gallon Cambell , Poor boy copper dryer , 5 stage MAX DRY desiccant, MICRO Guard TP
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

welcome

suggest a good read of the plasmacam section.... especially the posts about users with older tables and software where the manufacturer is not happy to help unless you cough up support funds...

point being don't wipe or loose any software and licences etc....

if it were me with a working setup .... I'd clone the HDD.... to a second as a backup of if something bad happens when you are learning the setup.

good luck and welcome again
Dragfluid
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Dragfluid »

robertspark wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:31 am welcome

suggest a good read of the plasmacam section.... especially the posts about users with older tables and software where the manufacturer is not happy to help unless you cough up support funds...

point being don't wipe or loose any software and licences etc....

if it were me with a working setup .... I'd clone the HDD.... to a second as a backup of if something bad happens when you are learning the setup.

good luck and welcome again
We made sure to have several copies of the software, and I don't plan on going to Designedge anytime soon.
PlasmaCam DHC2
Powermax 45XP
Tig
Mig
A hammer

Return to “Introduce Yourself”