Newbie here

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Toyotawheeler79
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Newbie here

Post by Toyotawheeler79 »

Looking at getting a table for a hobby and maybe make a little money with. Figured I'd sign up and try to get some knowledge and input.
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie here

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome! Lots of good info here to help you make your decision.
Toyotawheeler79
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Toyotawheeler79 »

I've been lurking here for awhile, figured I might as well sign up and start reading
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

welcome,

start by reading your way through the tech tips section of threads

although done under the linuxcnc banner, this is really a universal guide recently done
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/pla ... rimer.html

you may consider building a table to buying one. suggest maybe writing out a list of requirements and then a bill of materials and adding to it to get a full list. allow for your time to build it too against buying a machine plus it's setup time and the fact that with some manufacturers what happens under the bonnet you will never know or find out.

my advice these days is always the same.... you buy the product as it is now not what it could be or adapted to be.... support is really only available untill you place your order.... they could shut up shop or no longer support that product the day after you receive it and demand you upgrade to the latest and greatest now supported software (yes all manufacturers are different... hence do your homework and ask others before buying second hand or even new). buying second hand.... with some manufacturers stuff you buy at scrap prices.... if anything goes wrong with it, it's pc or software, they will demand you upgrade or update etc etc at cost....

Return to “Introduce Yourself”