WrightCNC Pinout

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
CarbonPress
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

WrightCNC Pinout

Post by CarbonPress »

Hi All,

Very new to the plasma cnc world. like.... VERY NEW. lol

Anyways, we purchased our first CNC Plamsa table from Wright CNC. We bought the 4x8 table with the Hypertherm XP45 as the entry price was reasonable. It took a few months to receive the table, but when we finally got it, it was missing several integral pieces. The most important was the control box. We contacted them and they shipped a control box. Once we got the box, we began hooking everything up and noticed we were missing cables to the control box. Contacted them again about it and they sent us the THC only. I am still missing a cable from the Hypertherm to the control box and getting a response from them in a timely manner is like pulling teeth. So at this point, I am in the process of making my own cable, but do not know the schematic for the serial port on the control box. I am a super newb to control boxes and this process.

So if anyone has any experience with regards to the Wright CNC control box, if you could share a bit of knowledge, I would appreciate it.

Also, please don't take this as me slamming Wright CNC. The table is a sturdy product. Their service and attention to detail is a bit on the lacking side which lends to the fact that I can not recommend them to anyone if they are looking for a table. Hopefully others have had a better experience with them!

Thanks!
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: WrightCNC Pinout

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome to the site! Sounds like your experience so far has been a little bit of a bummer, hopefully things turn around for you, this site will help. As for wiring the plasma its a pretty easy 4-5 wire hook up but I would wait for the correct cable, you've waited this long!!! Best of luck.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Without a schematic trying to do a point to point connections is hard either Wright or a member here with the same controller is your only hope to do it correctly. A person with electronics experience, understanding of the signal used and a ohm meter could do it but if that goes bad Wright may drop responsibility and charge you for the replacement parts. Maybe a little bad press will make them correct the problem.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
subisquared
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by subisquared »

I got mine missing some cables too...

What do you need pictures of? I can get some. Text you or pm them to you.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”