Hello from Texas

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
BullocksTorch86
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Texas

Post by BullocksTorch86 »

Hello everyone my name is Boston and I have been involved with CNC machining and programming for 23 years. I’m here to continue learning and join this great community. I have a Langmuir XR that I use Fusion360 and SheetCAM to cut with. Thanks to everyone in advance!!!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Texas

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard Boston! Langmuir makes some great tables, and that Fusion 360/Sheetcam combo is hard to beat. What kind of cutter do you have, and what sorts of projects are you making with your table? Feel free to share a few photos of your setup and some of your work.

David
BullocksTorch86
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

I’m using a Hypertherm 45xp. I’m currently just messing around with material and settings. Hoping to get into some bigger projects soon. 😎
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I have great luck using the FineCuts with my 45xp and 85 for cutting 10 ga. and thinner material. Better detail cuts on thin material with less warping.

David
BullocksTorch86
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

That’s good to hear. I just received some fine cut consumables a few days ago hoping to help with this.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

BullocksTorch86 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:43 pm That’s good to hear. I just received some fine cut consumables a few days ago hoping to help with this.
For best results, just make sure you are using OEM Hypertherm consumables and not the Amazon China knock-offs.
David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”