Hello from Ohio

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Cpcycles
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Ohio

Post by Cpcycles »

Hello, I’m a 60 yr old man who is into many things. I own antique machines such as a Lodge & Shipley lathe, Little Giant 25# power hammer and forge with other blacksmith stuff. I’m also into woodworking and metal work.
I just placed an order for a CNC Langmuir Crossfire XR snd a Hypertherm Powermax 65 plasma cutter. I have CNC router experience and I am learning Fusion 360. I joined so I can read and learn about this type of process.
Unfortunately, I’m not experienced with this aspect of CNC, so I’ll be a lurker snd unable to contribute much until I become proficient in this work. I’m looking forward to all the knowledge that this group will provide.

Bill
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Ohio

Post by adbuch »

Bill - Welcome aboard! There is lots of great information here, and you can use the search function to find specific topics of interest. I will look forward to seeing your machine when you get it set up and going. The fun begins!
David
acourtjester

Re: Hello from Ohio

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Bill I'm 78 and info many things too. Many here to give you help, many with the same setup too. Having the CNC router has given you a good start, some differences with the operations (cutting metal inplace of wood). Fusion 360 is one way to plan projects, you can download some files from here to use on your new table for a quick start. Realize you can run a table without having the plasma on to learn some of the operational things.
Have fun
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”