Premier plasma table 8x10 with promo torch height controler

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
AnvilRodnCycle
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Premier plasma table 8x10 with promo torch height controler

Post by AnvilRodnCycle »

Hello well I am brand new to the forum and this table is the first of any kind of cnc equipment for me or my shop. I am a bit behind the average person with things as my phone was up to this point my only technology I have had at the shop
I’m a bit old school and have done everything by hand up to this point. I’m not against technology at all just got a bit stuck in a routine of comfort really
Has anyone built these tables before? The basic structure etc was simple enough now I’m on to hooking up all the motors and the pc etc as well as simple routing of cables etc. is there any reference recommendations. Even on just general knowledge of building the technical aspect of them? I’m not sure if I can run all cables together or if it’s best to separate them or shield them from each other. I’m not sure if simple emf can affect there signals clearly etc. as a simple car audio amplifier can pick up interference by having the power cable and ground to close type thing. Idk if I’m overthinking the whole thing or not. I just am one that prefers to research and read a bit then do things the right way the first time vs try to problem solve later
Unfortunately the info that came with the table started out great but once basic table is built leveled etc there’s so many additional equipment options I assume that they don’t continue with a straight forward instruction manual ( I do not know if that’s the case exactly however talking to the company it seems that with them asking which equipment used on everything that it may differ slightly however that is just my assumption which I can’t base on anything else than how it seems)
Thank you for any advice or help
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Premier plasma table 8x10 with promo torch height controler

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome to the site, as time goes on you will find many here to help, there are concerns in some areas and you seem to be taking the correct path. Checking before doing may take time but can be well spent. There are many here that have built their own table, and I am one of them. You will also find there are some differences in the way we run the tables, so see that as not right and wrong be different. Some here have had problems with power or EMF and some may be related to locations. I do not run the Plasma torch cable with any other cables and use a cable boom from above. Many have run the Plasma cable in with other cables and it works fine. Attached is a simple signal path layout, to help with the big picture. And a image of one of the table I built with a cable boom for the plasma cable. You will find the CNC world is a very handy tool for your shop, and no worries about old school, I'm 77 so we are happy here too. :Yay
You can use the search function in the upper right for looking around (changing the wording can expand the search) and feel free to ask question just give enough info to aid in the answers. :wink:
Attachments
4X8 table for sale (1).JPG
Table over view.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”