New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Stuart
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Stuart »

Hello my name is Stuart and I'm new to plasmaspider.

I just wanted to introduce myself and get to know the community.

I currently work with a LINCOLN Spirit 2 that I use to cut and create parts at work. I work for Platinum Machine from Durant OK where we do custom fabrication, sandblasting, and powder coating. I also have a LULZBOT mini 2 3D printer at home that I use to create custom car badges and parts for everyday use. I am only 17 so I'm decently young to the drafting world but learned in high school through robotics and the FRIST program. I have about one year of experience making custom car parts such as badges, grills, and mounts. I am interested to learn from this community and get to know everyone and improve my skills.

-Stuart
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome Stuart! I like to see young guys like you not only WORKING but interested in working in this field with your hands!

Good for you man, wishing you all the best and sounds like your off to a good start :Like
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Stuart, funny I started with Plasma cutting as a hobby and had to learn CAD drawing. My daughter has a Lulzbot and that got me going into 3D printing which made me learn 3D drawing, great fun your imagination can go wild with the things you can print. I have designed a few tools for my CNC plasma/router table. I'm at the other end of the age spectrum at 76. :HaHa You have bright future ahead of you. :Yay
I made back scratchers, drag knife holder, ink pen holder, and a diamond scribe holder for my table.
DSCN3002.JPG
DSCN2954.JPG
DSCN3375.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Stuart
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Stuart »

Thank you both for the welcome. I have plenty of files to share and am looking to take in all the knowledge possible, this seems like a great community from all the post i have read and already learned from and I'm ready to expand my skill set even more.
ColtDurr
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ColtDurr »

Welcome Stuart, Id love to get into 3d printing, Might have to checkout a 'lulzbot'
4'x4' Delusional Designs FREEDOM
Hypertherm 45XP
60 Gallon Cambell , Poor boy copper dryer , 5 stage MAX DRY desiccant, MICRO Guard TP

Return to “Introduce Yourself”