Show Off Your Welding Table

All topics related to fab & weld tables, grind stations, material handling & storage, etc.
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Show Off Your Welding Table

Post by Thumper »

Im curious as to how everyone has their welding/fab tables rigged up and the specs of them. I just build two new ones and I'll get some pictures uploaded this evening. Lets see what you have and tell us a little about it!!
kb3gun
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Show Off Your Welding Table

Post by kb3gun »

I finished mine this spring. The base is made of 2"x2"x.120wall tubing. The top is 3' x 6' x 3/4"plate. I added a magnetic chuck to hold smaller pieces when grinding.
TABLE2.jpg
TABLE2A.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

-Smitty
Torchmate 4X4 Growth Series w/AVHC
Hypertherm PM45 w/ Machine Torch
Miller Syncrowave 210 TIG
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

I like your magnetic chuck...

Dawg
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

Mine is a craiglist acquisition this spring. 3'x7' acorn style fixture table. Super heavy duty and flat. I need to acquire some fixture clamps yet and add a couple of receivers for adding vise, etc. Those options get added slowly during slow periods!!!

Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
kb3gun
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kb3gun »

Wow Dennis, that things a beast!
-Smitty
Torchmate 4X4 Growth Series w/AVHC
Hypertherm PM45 w/ Machine Torch
Miller Syncrowave 210 TIG
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

Here are a few pics of my newest table's, the 4x8 table is awaiting dropping on the sheet of 1/2" I've got cut with holes for clamping tools. The 4x5 table is going to have my new scroll bending tools bolted down to it and I tossed in a pic of one of my new SS elevator door bench's I just finished up. The elevator doors made some heavy duty awesome work bench's. I was kind of skeptical about them at $150 a piece for the doors but they are a really sweet set up.
I also built my new big heavy tables where their easily movable by myself!!! I wanted to be able to roll them under the trolley to transfer items from the cutting table directly to the welding table's and for rolling it under the trolley to lift down heavy stuff from the table.. I got tired of busting my guts lifting that heavy crapola lol :shock:

tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

Wow Dennis, that things a beast
Yes, it is. Over 1200lbs but it is sure nice to have something sturdy to clamp to and hammer on. What I had before was nothing compared to this.
Thumper, those are some nice tables and I like the lift system. I put one on my table also so I can move it if necessary. I designed something but would change it on future ones for straight up and down like yours.

Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

In the process of building a 1/2" plate top 5'x10' table this fall. Thanks for all the great ideas lave the jack wheels would never have thought of that I was just going to weld some wheels on the corners but glad I waited to build after seeing this forum.
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

Dang, your tables are bigger then my shop!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Nice ideas guys, I had to make mine small and removable..
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

Thumper wrote:Here are a few pics of my newest table's, the 4x8 table is awaiting dropping on the sheet of 1/2" I've got cut with holes for clamping tools. The 4x5 table is going to have my new scroll bending tools bolted down to it and I tossed in a pic of one of my new SS elevator door bench's I just finished up. The elevator doors made some heavy duty awesome work bench's. I was kind of skeptical about them at $150 a piece for the doors but they are a really sweet set up.
I also built my new big heavy tables where their easily movable by myself!!! I wanted to be able to roll them under the trolley to transfer items from the cutting table directly to the welding table's and for rolling it under the trolley to lift down heavy stuff from the table.. I got tired of busting my guts lifting that heavy crapola lol :shock:
Are you putting a sheet of plate on the larger.tables or leaving the open topped??? I could see.the advantages of an open top as well as putting a plate top. Just wondering what your thought process is.
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

cbassjr wrote:
Thumper wrote:Here are a few pics of my newest table's, the 4x8 table is awaiting dropping on the sheet of 1/2" I've got cut with holes for clamping tools. The 4x5 table is going to have my new scroll bending tools bolted down to it and I tossed in a pic of one of my new SS elevator door bench's I just finished up. The elevator doors made some heavy duty awesome work bench's. I was kind of skeptical about them at $150 a piece for the doors but they are a really sweet set up.
Are you putting a sheet of plate on the larger.tables or leaving the open topped??? I could see.the advantages of an open top as well as putting a plate top. Just wondering what your thought process is.

It's getting a sheet of 1/2" on it, I tried the semi open top and I hated it. I could never seem to get the stuff where it needed to be so I ditched it and built 2 of these, a 4x8 and a 5x10 as well as the 4x6 or whatever the smaller one ended up being that's slightly taller.
I built them all with the ability to raise any one at any given time up to 8"s taller in the matter of seconds by using my jacking attachments and installing the different height feet under them I built. I was tired of never having a table that was the right height for the project I was working on so I made dang sure this go around they were adjustable "AND" easily movable..
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

If anyone would like better pics or instructions on how I built my tables just let me know and Ill get it done. Just tossing that out their to help a brother out if its needed.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

Thumper wrote:If anyone would like better pics or instructions on how I built my tables just let me know and Ill get it done. Just tossing that out their to help a brother out if its needed.
I'd like to see the jacking system setup. Also on your 5x10 table did you go a full 5x10 on the frame or leave it for overhang on the sheet. I'm thinking about over hanging the plate about 6" all around but I have 2 brand new jacks that I want to mount on the end like yours that screw straight down. I really like your design and would like more info and close up picks if possible.

Got mine finished

Last edited by cbassjr on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

I'll get more pics this weekend, I left 2"s of overhang on both of them however they were cut with holes certain spots for clamping devises to attach to. IMO 6"s is WAY to much overhang, I would bend that in less than a month but it may work ok for you. The extreme max I would consider going would be 4"s of overhang and that's pushing it for my style of beating :lol:
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

Sorry for the delay, I just got a few more pics. If any more or needed I'll gladly take more a little quicker lol

Corfabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Corfabrication »

Its not pretty, but it does the job.

Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

Mine is a machine base from a factory that phased out some equipment. 1" thick blanchard ground top. It is around 7'x7'.

Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
RGR
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by RGR »

What height do you guys recommend your table too should be from the floor?
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by btburn »

I'm jealous, my table is only about 30"x30"with a 1"top. Anything bigger than that and i weld on the floor or a covered folding table.
Dynatorch 4x4 SuperBee, Powermax 65, Quincy QT-54, Snap On MM250SL, Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185, Corel Draw X7 and a messy garage.
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

RGR wrote:What height do you guys recommend your table too should be from the floor?

I have different heights for different uses but if I were going to use a single table it would be at around 34"s with quick adjustable feet allowing you to raise or lower it as needed. IMO no 1 single height table is right for every job and height adjustability means the world to us!!! No more bending over or over stretching, as you have seen a couple simple jack attachments allow you to easily raise the table and if you ran a 12" long by 1" grade 8 bolt up the inside of the leg with a 3" plate welded to the head of it you can simply raise the table and spin the bolt out of the legs to your desired height and lower your jacks back down. 2 minute job at most..

If anyone needs pics of this let me know,
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

My table is 5x8, 35" high.

Allen
Black Forest
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Black Forest »

My table is made by Siegmund here in Germany. It is 2 meters x 1.2 meters and 850mm off the floor.

The holes are on a 50mm grid. The overall best investment I ever made in my shop. They are expensive but worth every penny. The time saved in setting up to tack everything together is unbelievable.
WinterFabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by WinterFabrication »

Wow! That table is impressive!!!
http://www.facebook.com/WinterFabrication

Matt
CandCNC Ethercut
Precision Plasma Gantry
Hypertherm Powermax 45
Poh
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Poh »

Nacs Fab wrote:Mine is a machine base from a factory that phased out some equipment. 1" thick blanchard ground top. It is around 7'x7'.

Would you care to share that mustang 2 file? 8-) Thanks in advance
Poh, Stainless is Forever!!!
Torchmate 5'x10' water table,Torchmate 8 CAD
Hypertherm HSD 130
Plate Marker ,Tube Cutter, and Oxy-Acetylene
Miller Dynasty 350
Miller 350 p
see&see

Post by see&see »

We are just going into production with these, the idea is with just 2 post dollies you are able to move anything in the shop quickly with just a socket mount. The dolly can be used inverted also to increase height range. A bar can be extended between 2 post dollies for lifting anything you can slide a structural bar under. As an example, a car frame, table, a floor safe with 2 flat angles, etc. RWM casters is our current caster supplier and has capacities up to 20,000 lbs or more per caster. Made in the USA.

You marry into the PlasmaCam family and must accept the fact your software and hardware are proprietary. It's a for better or for worse engagement with overwhelming security. PlasmaCam controls the computer, table, hardware to their advantage IMO. :x

Return to “Fab Tables, Grind Stations, Material Storage & Handling”