Tablet and software help-AutoCad2009/Bamboo

Topics related to pen markers, remote controls, drawing tablets, & other plasma table related accessories
Heatherjo350
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Tablet and software help-AutoCad2009/Bamboo

Post by Heatherjo350 »

I am fairly new to the autocad world but have found a true addiction to designing files. I currently have AutoCad 2009 and recently purchased a pen tablet combo called Bamboo. I have found that the pen doesn't interact with cad other than being used just as a standard mouse (point and click,) which is a disappointment. I really would like to find software that is easy to learn and has the ability to utilize the pen and tablet. The hardware that came with Corel Paint which creates .RIF documents, I have not found a program to convert .RIF to a .DXF or .DWG which is what I would need to finalize the project on my plasma. I am just looking for a hobbyist type program as I am just starting out. Please let me know if you can help or at least point me in the right direction.
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Tablet and software help

Post by plain ol Bill »

I use and highly reccomend Corel Draw which is a vector based system. Others use Adobe Illustrator which is also very good.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
Heatherjo350
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Heatherjo350 »

plain ol Bill wrote:I use and highly reccomend Corel Draw which is a vector based system. Others use Adobe Illustrator which is also very good.
I am assuming that because Corel Paint works with this tablet system that Draw should be compatible as well? Also is the Corel Draw something I can figure out on my own with ease or something I should look into having someone walk me through the first couple of times? Lastly, cheapest place to purchase?

Thanks Plain ol Bill!
trucks1948
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by trucks1948 »

I bought my corel draw x4 from ebay .watch for the best prices.I think i paid $79.00 Jim
plain ol Bill

Post by plain ol Bill »

Ebay cheapest - I think Corel is easy to learn but if you are not familiar with graphics programs there is a learning curve.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude

Return to “Pen Markers, Remote Controls, Drawing Tablets, etc.”