Anti corrosive for water table

All topics related to smoke evacuation, ventilation, and water tables.
redheadfred

Re: Anti corrosive for water table

Post by redheadfred » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Sharp cool premium synthetic fastenal part # 3265774, 1.5% dilution Ratio. St...
Arclight 4x4
Hypertherm Pm45
Lincoln 256 Mig
Precision Tig 275
Baileigh 50 Ton Press
Quincy 2 stage 5Hp compressor

gcoulter

Post by gcoulter » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:04 am

I've been using the GreenCut and like it. However, it is a pain to obtain. Does anyone have a alternative? I use it on Lincoln Torchmate at a Community College. It is NOT used much and evaporates pretty quickly. I'd like to find something in the USA and not so expensive to ship in. Suggestions?

Ironken
Elite Contributing Member

Post by Ironken » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:42 pm

gcoulter wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:04 am
I've been using the GreenCut and like it. However, it is a pain to obtain. Does anyone have a alternative? I use it on Lincoln Torchmate at a Community College. It is NOT used much and evaporates pretty quickly. I'd like to find something in the USA and not so expensive to ship in. Suggestions?
I also used GreenCut but it is a pain to get and makes sticky crusty schmoo after time. I use this https://www.jd2.com/pico-quench-guard-g-5gal and really like it. I have emailed Pico with questions and Mike always is willing to help. JD2 keeps it in stock.

gcoulter

Post by gcoulter » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:44 am

Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check it out!

Ironken

Post by Ironken » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:19 pm

gcoulter wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:44 am
Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check it out!
Great! I think you'll like it.

SegoMan DeSigns

Post by SegoMan DeSigns » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Here you go guys, search away and download the MSDS for your products:

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/

cccmcclure

Post by cccmcclure » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 pm

Haven't tried green cut. Did initially try the quench formula, was okay for a bit then started flash rusting everything, also left terrible marks on aluminum and S.S. Been using KCI Plasma Green 9010 for a few years which worked well, only minor white marks if left on aluminum overnight. Then our production probably tripled and our operator let the table go a little too long between water changes and our table smelled like a sewer. Spent a few days cleaning it out, actually found out we have a metal sandbar going on inside that we couldn't fully flush out. Now our solution starts green, turns a little orange and then black and quickly develops a sewer smell. Being that we are a 600 gallon table this is getting old. Looking at pulling the trigger on this stuff: STERLINGCOOL-PLASMACUT (PREMIUM PLASMA COOLANT)
https://www.cuttingfluidsdirect.com/pro ... 3518419044
Has anyone tried this yet?

spoolnms

Post by spoolnms » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:13 pm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754 ... UTF8&psc=1

Used this for a few months now, works great.

Plasma Green Mark

Post by Plasma Green Mark » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:07 am

cccmcclure wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 pm
Haven't tried green cut. Did initially try the quench formula, was okay for a bit then started flash rusting everything, also left terrible marks on aluminum and S.S. Been using KCI Plasma Green 9010 for a few years which worked well, only minor white marks if left on aluminum overnight. Then our production probably tripled and our operator let the table go a little too long between water changes and our table smelled like a sewer. Spent a few days cleaning it out, actually found out we have a metal sandbar going on inside that we couldn't fully flush out. Now our solution starts green, turns a little orange and then black and quickly develops a sewer smell. Being that we are a 600 gallon table this is getting old. Looking at pulling the trigger on this stuff: STERLINGCOOL-PLASMACUT (PREMIUM PLASMA COOLANT)
https://www.cuttingfluidsdirect.com/pro ... 3518419044
Has anyone tried this yet?
Thanks for being a long time user of our Plasma Green 9010! The PG 9010 is formulated to not leave a deposit at recommended concentration (5% by volume), and is 100% non reactive to aluminum. It will, however, leave a deposit at high concentration, due to the solids in the formula. We also have a product called Plasma Pink 4001, which is a different chemistry and also 100% non reactive with aluminum. At 5% by vol, your pH should be no higher than 9.5. Regarding the bacteria growth, if the concentration goes below 5%, and bacteria starts to grow, no additive will kill biological growth once it's established. You'll need to do a thorough clean out, and a sanitization is recommended. Please contact me, and I would be happy to help you get your table back on it's feet.

Return to “Water Tables, Ventilation, Air Handling”

Industry Pros use FastCut CNC