Kobalt air compressor

All topics related to compressed air supply.
d bushey
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Kobalt air compressor

Post by d bushey »

Just a little note about my experience with Kobalts air compressor. In October 2012 I purchased a brand new 5 h.p. 2 stage with 80 gallon tank to the tune of almost $1000.00. I June of 2013 motor capacitor let the smoke out and Lowes replaced with another one just last Saturday that one went bad also. During all of this Lowes customer service sucked. Finally after 2 hours in the store Monday night they reimbursed my money and sent me on my way. Will be buying a new Quincy made in U.S.A. to replace this Chinese P.O.S. Hope this will save someone else the lost time and aggravation I went through.
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Kobalt air compressor

Post by Metriccar »

You would think a $1000 compressor would work.... What I've found is buying cheap junk (yeah, usually from China) is actually very expensive, because it doesn't last and you just have to replace it.

I'm on a "buy American" binge so buying a Quincy was easy for me. I want to employ my neighbor and it really worries me that what will soon be the world's biggest economy is a totalitarian government. I'd rather buy used American than new Chinese. That's just me though.

I have a Quincy and although it's only about 6 months old, the 5 hp 80 gallon compressor has no problems keeping up.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Kobalt air compressor

Post by tnbndr »

^^^^ Where is that "like" button.?^^^^
I have to totally agree with Metriccar. I prefer to buy older USA equipment and clean up, fix, modify but I know it will last a lifetime.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”