Industry Pros use FastCut CNC

Sharpe 6760 3-STAGE AIR FILTER & DRYER (Filter Life?)

All topics related to compressed air supply.
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Sharpe 6760 3-STAGE AIR FILTER & DRYER (Filter Life?)

Post by xnaron » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:25 pm

How long do the filters last in stage 1 and stage 2 of the 6760 3 stage dryer? shop/dryer_sharpe6760.html Looking at the cost of filters and desiccant it might not be too much more over a few years that a small refrigerated air dryer might make more sense.

AREA
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Sharpe 6760 3-STAGE AIR FILTER & DRYER (Filter Life?)

Post by AREA » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:04 am

I looked into this also and realized that if I went with a refrigerated dryer I would need a filter like the stage 1 and 2 filter anyway to protect the refrigerated dryer from contamination just like they protect the desiccant dryer from contamination so there is no savings on the pre-filter aspect of the system. A little more research and I learned that desiccant dryers actually provide dryer air so I went with the Sharpe 3 stage unit.

I have been using the same stage 1 and 2 filters for 2 years now, still no pressure loss, filter elements don't look new but they are still functioning great. I bought and extra 5lbs of desiccant so I have dry desiccant when its needed and don't expect I will have to replace it for years after watching the video below on drying it out on your own rather than replacing it. I am very happy with my setup, saw noticable cut quality and consumable life improvements over the Motorguard "toilet paper" filter i was using.

xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by xnaron » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:40 pm

Thanks for the detailed response. How often are you removing the desiccant to dry it out?

AREA
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by AREA » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:17 pm

I do some sandblasting as well which i also use the sharpe system for and it consumes a lot of air and I typically swap it out every 2 months but it does vary with use and compressor size, condition.

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”

Industry Pros use FastCut CNC