EINSTAR Handheld 3D Scanner

Topics related to 3d printers and 3d printed plasma table accessories.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

EINSTAR Handheld 3D Scanner

Post by Joe Jones »

The handheld scanner arrived from Amazon. This is going to be a boat load of fun! It was only $1,000.00 and it works very well. I am just now learning how to use it. It has a definite learning curve.

Evidently, my ASUS G751 gaming laptop does not have enough power in the video card, so I have to check with my local geek store to see if that can be amped up. If not, I guess I will have to buy a dedicated laptop with the i7 processor, some super video card and a massive RAM bank.

Once I can quickly and accurately scan things, I will se up the 3D printer, and then ... :roll:

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: EINSTAR Handheld 3D Scanner

Post by abmetal »

DANG, you've got a lot of toys!

Allen
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

abmetal wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:03 pm DANG, you've got a lot of toys!

Allen
He, who dies with the most toys, wins! Right? :roll:

I don't really have a lot of toys. I have added a lot of tools and machines to my shop over the past few years. I just have an assortment of things that I have acquired for future use, once I get some of the 800 lb. gorillas out of the room. I am trying to pull some of these tools and machines together now.

I was doing great until my friend had a stroke on New Year's Eve of 2021. Another friend is a single dad with custody of his son, so he has no time, and he would have to drive down from his home 40 miles away just to help me out. That is an 80 mile round trip, so of course I would compensate him for the gas and the wear and tear on his car. He needs money too, so I am back to paying out $200 per day or more, just to get some help around here. There was a time when I could afford that, but not any longer.

Now I am a one-man show, and I am just moving too slowly. There is no one else nearby, who wants to come to work in my shop and help me, without their hand out for a $30.00 per hour TAX FREE income, and THEN they want to stare at their phones during the work shift!

I wish my neighbors had a couple of teenage sons who would help "Old Mr. Jones" get things done in exchange for access to the shops and tools, but no ... they do not exist. People want $50.00 just to mow my 2-acres of lawn ONCE, while I pay for the gas and furnish the mower! In the summer months, mowing is every 5 days.

If I made a list, I suppose people might say I have a lot of toys. :-? These shops certainly have a lot of potential. I wish I was 25 instead of 65.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Right now I am trying to sell this trailer I bought last year. The new trailer is far better, and I don't need two of them. My choices are to sell it AS-IS, or strip it, straighten the frame, paint it and put a new deck on it, and then sell it for more.

Joe

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1560803038
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

weldguy

Post by weldguy »

I am super curious to see how this 3D scan to 3D print works out for you Joe. Please post back with your reults.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I will. I have had only one opportunity to play with it. My old, shaky hands are not steady enough to get a good scan, so I ordered a motorized turntable to rotate the subject at a steady pace. It should arrive tomorrow. It is remote control, of course. :mrgreen: I can mount the scanner to a tripod with an articulating arm, to get good scans.

Once I can get good .stl models from the scans, I will plug in the 3D printer, and take over the world! :lol:

My life ....

And, they're off! New Roof has taken an early lead, with Gooseneck Trailer and Window Shields in a tight battle for second place.... Pipe Cutter and Solar Tracking PlasmaCam are on their heels! Coming around the first turn, it is Laser Work Station and FrankenBarn Elevator nose to nose, but Metal Extrusion Rack will not give up! Drag Chains is keeping pace, but Powder Coat Oven found a sudden burst of energy! Going into the second turn, 3D printer is far behind ... and Fusion 360 will not get out of its way! Farther back it is Truck Winch, Dash Cam, Drum Sander, Helical Planer, and New Guest Bathroom bringing up the rear! This is anybody's race now! On into the final stretch, it is Roof Project, Gooseneck Trailer a close second, and Window Shields is giving them a run for their money! :roll:

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “3D Printers & Printed Accessories”