design a mirror from a feather profile

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

design a mirror from a feather profile

Post by vancematsalla »

this is a favourite of mine , I like the end result looks cool on a door or end of a hallway

going to trace and digitize the diagram and create a cnc toolpath
to cut the mirror from acrylic
Attachments
feather 5.jpg
feather 2.jpg
feather 2.jpg (87.97 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
feather 1.jpg
feather 1.jpg (79.08 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
featehr 3.jpg
featehr 3.jpg (53.98 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: design a mirror from a feather profile

Post by vancematsalla »

sorry about the utube above , I got removed form utube for 15 counts of bad stuff someone hacked my channel and utube will not listen to my appeal,and put my channel back on I was with them since 2007 and why would I go crazy one time, they are impossible to speak to

https://logicgroup.vids.io/videos/ea9dd ... er-profile
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

What you dare to question YouTube, you are now on double suspension :Sad :HaHa :HaHa
It is a shame some clowns think it is great sport to monkey with people, and could care less who it is, or the damage it does.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vancematsalla »

really disappointed and I cannot contact them , they are arrogant
BUT my videos were not monetized so i was not making them any money so it makes me wonder if this is the way to get rid of me
i miss it gave me good exposure and I had follwers
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Open another link change to a new email and go back as unknown, its a pain but your will regain your followers as they find you.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:19 pm Open another link change to a new email and go back as unknown, its a pain but your will regain your followers as they find you.
I very much agree with Tom on this one. Just go ahead an open another youtube account and repost your videos. Or put them on your existing youtube account that I linked to below. There is always the possibility that they deleted you because you had multiple accounts. Also, if you wish to enable the ability of watchers to make comments or ask questions, then you need to mark your videos as "No, it's not made for kids". This doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your videos, it just allows comments.

David

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY0Pe_ ... sCSUTOaxzg
Stan Kern youtube.jpg
Also, if you wish to enable the ability of watchers to make comments or ask questions, then you need to mark your videos as "No, it's not made for kids". This doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your videos, it just allows comments.
not made for kids.jpg
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vancematsalla »

Ok so you're saying its better to say not made for kids, i always thought because my utubes were tech type it was ok for kids
and it was ok to say that , someone hacked the account and posted real bad stuff under my name
And yes i somehow had a second account and i could re-post there , i should do it , its a lot of work but it will catch up ...i have a lot of videos
thanks for the info
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

vancematsalla wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:47 am Ok so you're saying its better to say not made for kids, i always thought because my utubes were tech type it was ok for kids
and it was ok to say that , someone hacked the account and posted real bad stuff under my name
And yes i somehow had a second account and i could re-post there , i should do it , its a lot of work but it will catch up ...i have a lot of videos
thanks for the info
Stan - if you want to allow watchers to respond or ask questions, then yes - you do need to say it is not made for kids. That sort of seems backwards, but that is the way they do it. It must have something to do with "parental controls", or maybe it limits Youtube's liability. But it is pretty easy and quick to upload videos - so I don't think it will be too much work for you to "catch up"
David
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vancematsalla »

Thanks
I will start in the following week i appreciate the info and your support on 2 sites
stan
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

vancematsalla wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:26 pm Thanks
I will start in the following week i appreciate the info and your support on 2 sites
stan
No problem! Happy to help.
David
levesquea
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by levesquea »

Beautiful mirror. What did you use to cut the acrylic mirror? what is cut on a cnc with a bit for plastics of some sorts??
Thanks
Plasmacam 4x4
Hypertherm Powermax 45
Everlast power Tig 255
Affinity Designer
Alibre expert
Vectric Aspire 10
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

levesquea wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:20 pm Beautiful mirror. What did you use to cut the acrylic mirror? what is cut on a cnc with a bit for plastics of some sorts??
Thanks
Stan is cutting this on his cnc router using a carbide end mill bit running at around 21000 rpm at a feed rate of 50 inches per minute. Nice looking part1
David
cutting mirror 1.jpg
cutting mirror 2.jpg
cutting mirror 3.jpg
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

if you are looking for some of my older videos click below

Post by vancematsalla »

Back in oct 2021 utube closed my account because someone hacked into it, i had a lot of videos there since 2008.
I tried 7 times to contact utube (google) and they would not answer my requests.
I had been with them for a long time and why all of a sudden would I post something bad
I finally just gave up and was able to piggy back on someone else's site until i got my feet back on the ground
Well I have , its not 100$% done but close to it ...my own site
I think utube cut me off because I refused the monetary side of people looking at my videos, i did not want to be paid for each view
and i told them not to advertise on my videos...so I was not a money maker
This is my new site and it will grow....https://stankern.vids.io/
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Stan - your Youtube channel is still active, and you have posted some recent videos to that account.
David

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY0Pe_ ... xzg/videos
Stan Kern Youtube channel.jpg
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

thanks for posting Stan, many nice things on your site, very good tutorials easy to understand. I'm sure that is helpful for those looking at a digital tracing. Are you going back in the archives and reposting some of your older work on the current site?
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Stan - I follow on on the SMC forum as well, so I have seen most of your tutorials. Thanks for your efforts, and keep them coming.
David
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vancematsalla »

Somehow i had 2 utube accounts, something must of happened way back and I had one under stan kern, it never had much in it
The main utube ( i can't even find the login )was loaded about 1000 videos going back to 2007-2008, that s the one utube shutdown
Now i know why i had 2 , i was setting the second on up for 3d printing and scanning
Whats really bad on what has happened is a lot of the older utubes (the videos) I cannot find to even re-upload
The site that i have now is better as it has no ads and no money kick backs, people don't like watching utubes and the author getting paid
You always have good things to say and I appreciate this, when you think of it why would someone hack a utube account especially a tech one
Is the new site ok
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vancematsalla »

and yes i am trying to post on all forums my new location where a lot of my videos are posted
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

vancematsalla wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:32 pm and yes i am trying to post on all forums my new location where a lot of my videos are posted
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”