Father's Day Legacy

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Father's Day Legacy

Post by TJS »

So I spent most of my Father's Day making a Lincoln Weldanpower 250 g9 Pro mount for my Ford F-250. My Dad passed Jan 2020 and left behind a 1979 GMC One ton dually with a utility body on it chock full of tools and welding service tools. In his honor I will be restoring that truck and getting it back on the road. It has a Lincoln weldanpower 250 g9 Pro and a good size air compressor powered by a Willys engine (manf General Supply Co).

In the essence of time I need to get on the road and do some mobile welding and fabrication as I have been getting calls.
So this mount I made is temporary until I get his GMC welding truck completed. I CNC plasma cut many parts such as tube caps as well as welding cable lead mounts, feet mounts, and underbody mounts. The first pic is just the mock up of the tubes and feet on the truck in order for me to determine the height and size of my welding cable hangers. My Dad helped me build my CNC plasma table and he was able to see it run and make parts(see backhoe bucket ears post). When he was in the hospital, he mentioned to me that he wants to see me advance and carry on his craftsman legacy. We made a weight lifting bench together when I was 12 and he taught me how to weld. I could not even say anything back to him as I had a huge lump in my throat. He passed 3 days later after that conversation.

T.J
lincolnmount4.jpg
lincolnmount4.jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 481 times
lincolnmount1.jpg
lincolnmount1.jpg (61.82 KiB) Viewed 481 times
lincolnmount2.jpg
lincolnmount2.jpg (59.88 KiB) Viewed 481 times
lincolnmount3.jpg
lincolnmount3.jpg (66.25 KiB) Viewed 481 times
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Father's Day Legacy

Post by plasmanewbie »

Got a little choked up reading your post. I am sure your father is very proud looking down watching you install his old Lincoln in the back of your truck. Interested to see the GMC 1 ton when you have it complete. Thanks for sharing your story, I think I will go visit my dad this afternoon.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”