Wedding gift.

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Welder Kenny
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Wedding gift.

Post by Welder Kenny »

Well guys and gals, Made a wedding gift for some good friends of ours, hope they enjoy it. any thoughts on a better way to make this..
Attachments
M.S. Paint.jpg
Mar. Scott.jpg
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Wedding gift.

Post by Scratch »

Looks great, I'm sure they'll love it!
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

look very nice when you do a great job no room for improvements
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Squatchemup
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Squatchemup »

would you happen to have a blank template on this great job !!!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Here is something similar I just drew up. You can change the fonts and lettering to suit your needs.
David
Name Plate.dxf image.jpg
Name Plate.dxf image.jpg (65.4 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
Name Plate.dxf
(141.68 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Squatchemup wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:44 pm would you happen to have a blank template on this great job !!!
Zach - if you are looking for a simple method to curve your text and don't want to spend all the time to learn Inkscape, then I would suggest LightBurn as an alternative. You just type your text using any font you have installed on your computer, then grab the handle (blue dot) and move up or down to curve your text. You can then export as dxf and import to what ever vector editor you are using. The one-time cost to purchase LightBurn is $60. You can download the full version for a free 30 day trial to try it out. I have been using it for about 3 years now and it works great for some of the things I do.
David
LightBurn to curve text quickly.jpg

https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/tri ... re-you-buy
LightBurn trial download.jpg
Squatchemup
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Squatchemup »

i will gladly try this, thank you so much for the help and suggestions anything is appreciated, currently I'm using fusion 360 sometimes i struggle
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

If you are using Fusion 360, then you can break your circle opposite of where you want to place your text when you fit to curved path.
David
Fit to Curved Path F360.jpg
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Zach - Fusion 360 does not offer the option to fit your text "on-path". So you can put it either above or below the circle. You will need to be creative and size your circles so that the curved text matches the actual "on-path" diameter for your application.
David
Fit to Curved Path F360 - 1.jpg
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Or you can us the "Scale" tool to scale the size up or down so that your text matches the on-path circle you need.
David
Fit to Curved Path F360 - 3.jpg
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Squatchemup I would suggest staying with one software package until you have the big picture clear in your mind. Fusion 360 is a good start and many here use it for their projects. The thing with software is they may all do similar functions but call them by a different name or different methods. Jumping around between softwares can cause confusion. Once you learn and are comfortable with a package and want to look around it becomes easier to learn the different function/methods. Most here have different packages they use, some are easy doing a function to then transfer to another for finishing. It has been shown the file format can be slightly different when moving to generate a G-code. To point this out here is a program shown to me by a member (rdj357) for aiding in separating out sections of a downloaded drawing/image. Then transferring to another program to complete the project.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I agree with Tom that it is a good idea to become pretty familiar with a single program before spreading yourself too thin. You mentioned that you are using Fusion 360, so I offered some information on creating curved text with that program. It is a little bit more complicated than LightBurn, so I first suggested using LightBurn to curve your text. It is always good to know your options, and then decide which one will be easiest for you to reach your end result.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:11 am Squatchemup I would suggest staying with one software package until you have the big picture clear in your mind. Fusion 360 is a good start and many here use it for their projects. The thing with software is they may all do similar functions but call them by a different name or different methods. Jumping around between softwares can cause confusion. Once you learn and are comfortable with a package and want to look around it becomes easier to learn the different function/methods. Most here have different packages they use, some are easy doing a function to then transfer to another for finishing. It has been shown the file format can be slightly different when moving to generate a G-code. To point this out here is a program shown to me by a member (rdj357) for aiding in separating out sections of a downloaded drawing/image. Then transferring to another program to complete the project.
That is a great video by Robert! He uses two different programs here, and if I remember correctly one of them is VinylMaster Cut - which I downloaded and started to learn back when I first saw his video. Lots of different ways to do things, and all of them very interesting!
David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”