Speed Shop Sign

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
xerofokus
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Speed Shop Sign

Post by xerofokus »

Long time, no post...

This piece was commissioned by a friend of mine as a Christmas present for her husband. He has an LS swapped '70 Chevelle that he built in his garage.

The piece has a 14ga base pc'd in flat black, name text is 20ga pc'd gloss white, the car (which took me too many hours to draw up :lol: ) is cut from 20ga and cleared with paint, the wings are 14ga pc'd gloss white and the "speed shop" text was vinyl masked and painted on. Overall dimensions are 20" tall x 42" wide. I am really happy with how this piece (she actually ordered 2 of them) turned out, but would like feedback from the community.
Attachments
Chevelle.jpg
Theholygrehl
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Speed Shop Sign

Post by Theholygrehl »

Looks really nice I like the shape of the sign. Did you use epoxy to hold the pieces together?
Eric -
Hypertherm powermax 45
Speedaire refrigerated air dryer
Software: Keycreator, and sheetcam
40 Pines Designs
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xerofokus
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by xerofokus »

Old Iron wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:11 pm Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Theholygrehl wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:13 pm Looks really nice I like the shape of the sign. Did you use epoxy to hold the pieces together?
Thank you, both! I was really pleased with the way it turned out. The car is held on with a silicone glue. The text and wings are attached using bolts welded to the back of them.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”