Restart from fault using command candc and hypertherm 65

CommandCNC related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Gunfighter
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Restart from fault using command candc and hypertherm 65

Post by Gunfighter »

Please re-direct me if this is incorrect forum. I am cutting out a sign and have had two faults in about the same place. Neither ruined the sign and instead of wasting the entire sheet, I would like to start from the "error" points and finish them out. I am using a Hypertherm 65 and Command CandC. The faults were (0-30) and I replaced the consumables. I had to turn everything off and re-start. Is there a way to pick up where I left off? Thanks!
blucllrplt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Restart from fault using command candc and hypertherm 65

Post by blucllrplt »

When I get the dreaded 0-30 code I hit stop on the interface and then go to the line just prior to the touchoff and hit run from line. 99% of the time the torch will fire and continue. For reference I’m using CommandCNC with the Linux OS and Hypertherm 85.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

The toolpath and the g-code will sync if you click on one or the other. SO you find the segment where the error occured and highlight it on the toolpath. The code window jumps to that section of the code. Now scroll back up the code until you get to the PREVIOUS M5 (actually the end of the prior cut) . Highlight that line . Click the "Disable Torch " button and hit the Run from LIne" and when it gets close to the spot you want to start actually cutting then just un-check the Disable Torch and it will fire and start the cut and engage the DTHC As long as you don't move the workpiece you are good to go. CommandCNC does not lose position on an ESTOP even like MACH3 does so you should not have to rehome the XY . Its possible that the Z might end up not in sync with the DRO so BEFORE you hit the Run From Line just open the MANUAL button (upper lift) and hit the touch off button and then jog the z up above the material.
Gunfighter
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Gunfighter »

Thank you both for your input. That will save me a lot of wasted metal!
ggeh
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ggeh »

How I do it scroll back in the code to the m05 line before the cut you want to want to redo." If you have thousands of lines and a bad memory like I do write the line number down. That way if you decide you want to home your z at that M5 point of the g-code the program will take you back to the very start but you will still know the M5 line number you want to return to because you recorded it. M5 is torch off and M3 is torch fire. Click disable torch icon. When your ready to start click { run from line } not run. If you click on run it will ignore your your last m5 input and start from the very beginning of your g-code. Then I watch the not fired torch approach where I want to continue cutting and when the torch is within a 1/2 inch or so I fire the torch by unchecking the disable torch and the torch will fire. The distance will change depending on how quick you are and how fast the torch is running. This is all assuming your using linux commandcnc and not windows mach3. you can do it in mach3 but the screen is a bit different. This is a great feature in Commandcnc has saved me many times.

Gary
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

I had to turn everything off and re-start.
Did you just turn off the plasma cutter or Mach 3 also? I think if you turned off Mach 3 you will need to re-zero as close to original as possible.
What I do is in my CAD (or sheetcam) I remove everything that has been cut or put on a layer to not cut. Re-create the post for Mach, reload the post and hit Run.
I've tried the run from here and other methods described but for whatever reason they have not worked for me.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Just FYI.....CommandCNC does not lose position like MACH3 does if you Estop or shut it down . If you have Homes setup you can always find where you were because everything is an offset from Mach8ine zero (homes) As long as the work does not move you can go back and find the exact spot.

Return to “C&CNC CommandCNC”