DCP amps?

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
fixitguy
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

DCP amps?

Post by fixitguy »

My table was not used for a few months.
I noticed the DCP amp are at 182, and the torch voltage reads 1 volt with the machine sitting idle?
What is going on? I tried to cut thinking it was a glitch, torch seems to dive, have to skip touch offs also
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DCP amps?

Post by weldguy »

You say the torch voltage reads 1 volt when sitting idle, I assume you are reading this from the Torch Volts box to the left (see image below).

What is the Preset Volts set to?

ccnc.PNG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

fixitguy
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by fixitguy »

Torch volts read 1, preset read 45, and the DCP current read 183 with the machine not in use
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Well I am not familiar with your setup so I am unsure if the numbers are supposed to reset to zero when not in use or if they continue to display the last known values but lets just tackle the problem.

You mention the torch seems to dive. This is something I would expect to see if your Preset Volts is set to 45, you should never have to use 45 volts, in fact I doubt that you would rarely dip below 100 volts to achieve proper cutting height. Lower preset volts = lower cutting height which could explain your diving.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

45 volts indicates you are using a toolset not made for the version of SheetCAM . That is a default value put in there to show its not a correct toolset. The LOWEST any voltage setting should be is about 78 volts for Fine Cut consumables. If you run the tests cutting a flat piece of material with the DTHC in MANUAL and OFF to get the Torch volts base line you will see its WAY above that number.

The DCP input read the current FROM the DCP -1 module IF you have it. Its not needed on any system where the plasma has an ARC OK 9aka Transfer, aka OK to move) signal. that is a false number . Is it possible you have water in the RJ11 or Rj45 jacks on your PWM module? Maybe corrosion ? The major problem you have with a high DCP current is it triggers the ARC OK circuit to come on even of the ARC OK base signal is not on. You could disable it by setting the trigger pint to be 200 amos but that does not "fix" anything i suspect you may have some problems at the PWM end. Upplug the CAT5 from the DTHC to the PWM and see if the numbers return to normal on the screen

Posting on the CandCNC Support forum or doing a Request for Support off the website will get faster responses from tech support
fixitguy
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by fixitguy »

Sorry, the voltage is set at 120, then running a file its at 82 like normal.
With the cables for the DTHC disconnected from PWM it still registers 1 volt and 182 amps not running. I push the reset on the DTHC card on the bladerunner and the Volts and DCP amps return to zero.....For a second. That only means the DTCH card is bad I suspect?
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

No the DTHC is just reading something. A reset resets the processor and it stops reading as it boots up.
If the preset is at 120 and its running at 82 (fine cut setting) the TORCH VOLTS should be at 82) The Preset voltage gets loaded from the G-Code when you load it and should change on the DTHC window as code loads . The values for that are embeded in the g-code . 120 is probably the defautl LOCAL value . Make sure you are using the proper consumables (fine cut of you cuts will be WAY too close. Maybe I am confused but is this a Hypertherm or another brand/type? Fine cut consumables and voltage are exclusive to the Hypertherm line

I am still focused on the PWM (where the volts and amsp come from) . Just setting turn off systems don't "go bad" like fruit. So I suspect it has to do with a bad connection or connector . If it uses a DCP to get the ARC OK that has a jack at the PWM . The voltage from the DCP-01 just passes though the PWM to its RJK45 jack on it sway ot the DTHC to be read as an analog voltage.

If you unplug the PWM from the DTHC at the DTHC end (Yellow cable) does the 1 volt and high amps go away? If so it NOT the DTHC .
fixitguy
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by fixitguy »

With the PWM totally unconnected from the bladerunner box, hypertherm off. it reads 1 volt and 183 DCP amps on the screen.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

There are problems in the DTHC . Both values are sent to the DTHC card where they are scaled and converted to analog so the main processor chip can use it and also send i tot he sc screen. With no source plugged in you should not have amps or volts
Get with tech support or use our Support Forum that gets daily response

Return to “CandCNC Forum”