CandCNC G5 bundle

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
regpattee
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

CandCNC G5 bundle

Post by regpattee »

I upgraded my 10 year year OLD table to the G-5 bundle with the RS-485 kit.
I would highly recommend this CandCNC upgrade for two reasons, first of all the, plug and play system, and outstanding Tech support.

I was so ingrained in having to do all settings by hand, Tech support was a great help in getting me started.

Thanks CandCNC.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CandCNC G5 bundle

Post by weldguy »

Always had great luck myself with C&CNC :Like :Like
Joe243672
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Joe243672 »

Have same system. first table build so have nothing to compare to but it works awsome. Had some issues in beggining with stupid stuff but it works great. Only problem i have now is i cant get sound to work on mini pc. I have tried a ton of stuff just not really good with linux pcs..
Crossfire Plasma Table
Hypertherm pm 85 cpc rs-485
Miller 252 mig
Miller dynasty 280 Tic/stick
Metabo Mag drill
various Fab equipment
4x8 precision plasma table
G5 c and cnc controls
“ the Shop “ were it all happens
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Well , the control PC should be dedicated to Motion and cutting when you are running a file. Because the motion and feedback are REAL TIME you don't want background processes running that sap cycles . Playing sound files while cutting or surfing the internet is not recommended . If you wan tot ply videos and listen to music I would suggest another Linux PC loaded up with allof the apps and media you want. CommandCNC is an adaption of LINUXCNC and its a special compile of the Real time Kernel (RTK) . It optimized for real time motion . Its speed allows us to do real tim toolpath monitoring and support thing like the ultra fast VelocityAnti Dive and tighter toolpath tracking . All that being said there shoul \d be an audio driver built in . You should not need to try and load added drivers . They may not work with the RTK since it is mostly optimzed drivers .
Joe243672
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Joe243672 »

not looking for sound while cutting. sometimes in shop instead of going in house i will look up a help video if i run into a problem. I have done it a few times on arclights web page. It would be nice to use computer station in shop. But i also understand what you are saying. I just bring my laptop out in shop now. I just figured that it shouldnt be that hard to get drivers working but i have had no luck. Dont know much about the linux stuff . So I stopped trying.
Crossfire Plasma Table
Hypertherm pm 85 cpc rs-485
Miller 252 mig
Miller dynasty 280 Tic/stick
Metabo Mag drill
various Fab equipment
4x8 precision plasma table
G5 c and cnc controls
“ the Shop “ were it all happens

Return to “CandCNC Forum”